Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: Overhead Console that fits 07

Old 12-11-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
Say What?
patrickockander is on a distinguished road
Army: Served as a Combat Medic with 3rd BDE 2nd ID "Stryker Brigade", now serving as a reservist/student
Name: Patrick
patrickockander's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation WTB: Overhead Console that fits 07

Mine didn't come with one, am looking to add the compass, temp, fuel economy type to mine, send me a note if you have one to sell.

Thanks, Pat

patrickockander@hotmail.com

something like this one:

Old 12-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #2
Say What?
Army: Served as a Combat Medic with 3rd BDE 2nd ID "Stryker Brigade", now serving as a reservist/student
Exclamation Obtained, Thanks!

Now all I need is the wiring for it....any suggestions?

WTB Wiring harness for the console....

patrickockander@hotmail.com
Old 12-15-2008, 04:19 AM   #3
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
Patrick, I have been told that all the Tacomas have the same wiring harnesses, meaning the wiring might already be there.
Pull the console down, if there are 2 plugs your there.

The temp sensor mounts on the center support, behind the grille and below the hood latch.
I am not sure where the plug for that is hidden on a non-TRD Tacoma.

Maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:45 AM   #4
Say What?
Thumbs up

I should be getting the new console any day now...I'm really hoping I get lucky and it is as you stated. I know when I had my cruise control installed the guys at the installation center told me that Toyota used different wiring harnesses for each model...but from the looks of it they might be mistaken...I hope they are.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
Say What?
Well. I'm sitting in my truck and have I

nstalled the console. There are two plugs, but I can't figure where to put the sensors. I see no connection for them..ad I looked in the fribt of the engine and could find no wiring...arrg however the display lights up.any advice?
Old 12-16-2008, 03:48 PM   #8
Say What?
Thumbs down

Well, turns out that my vehicle, not TRD, not SR5, did not come prewired for the temp sending unit. Bummer. I'm not sure what I'm going to to, maybe I can still figure out how to wire this up...But for now I've got to rethink the situation...In case I'm giving up, anybody looking for an overhead console? lol
Old 12-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Patrick, contact the dealer and see if they can tell you if the wiring harness is there.
Also try doing a search in the 2nd gen forum, maybe someone else has done this and can steer you in the right direction.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #10

Patrick, I found this on the 2nd gen thread

redtoytaco

06 PreRunner Dcab LB SR5 2006 Double Cab Automatic 4.0 V6
Fog light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synapse
If you have a pic could you post it.

Synapse, sorry I do not have any pic to post. The connectors are easy to find. For the console it is right there when you remove the existing overhead console it is hard to miss. For the thermistor/sensor it is tape on the support bar near where the horn is at the front between the grill and the radiator.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #11
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickockander View Post
Well, turns out that my vehicle, not TRD, not SR5, did not come prewired for the temp sending unit. Bummer. I'm not sure what I'm going to to, maybe I can still figure out how to wire this up...But for now I've got to rethink the situation...In case I'm giving up, anybody looking for an overhead console? lol

I wish I saw your post earlier yes it is missing the wires from the temp sensor to the temp gauge I am in the same boat just seeing the three bars I am going to run the wires when i get time though.

Here is the wiring schematic for the accessory meter.
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/.../h/em01d36.pdf

Here is a lnk to service manual's
http://www.ncttora.com/
Old 12-16-2008, 06:22 PM   #12
kvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud of

Air Force: MSgt // Security Forces   Retired after 22 yrs of service
kvnhlstd's Tacoma Gallery
The post stated... Not TRD, Not SR5... out of luck. Does this mean that my SR5 is wired for this???
Old 12-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #13
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvnhlstd View Post
The post stated... Not TRD, Not SR5... out of luck. Does this mean that my SR5 is wired for this???
My 2008 SR5 has the connector there for the the compass and the temp gauge unit but the wires from the temp senor to the gauge are not there and would have to be run.