Notices

4.0 v-6 Engine for Sale

Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
msvideoman is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Air National Guard
Name: Mike
msvideoman's Tacoma Gallery
4.0 v-6 Engine for Sale

I have a 2005 tacoma 4.0 liter engine that was sluged up and smoking. I purchased a used engine and swapped them out. I don't want to throw the old engine away because I feel like someone out there could use it. I want to sell the engine, it has 92,000 miles. I live in Mississippi if anyone is interested or know someone interested call me. Mike @ 6016166172
Old 03-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
Oscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: E4 0311
Name: Bob
Oscarbob's Tacoma Gallery
need some pics of the engine bro as per forum rules...
Old 03-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Need pics and price or mods will close it. Just so you know.

Edit. Too late...
Old 03-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
Picture of engine

Here is a picture of the engine I want to sell. I want $750 and I will pay for shipping or $500 and you pay shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
4.0 v-6 Engine for Sale-20120309_171306.jpg  
Old 03-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
TacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
my question is why was it smoking and slugish with only 92k on it?
Old 03-10-2012, 01:21 AM   #6
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaG26 View Post
my question is why was it smoking and slugish with only 92k on it?
valves, rings, cracked head, bad gasket. most likely valve seals but i don't know for sure just an educated guess.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:38 AM   #7
I bought the truck with the engine smoking. I figured the cause is due to poor maintenance. The truck was taken to the local Toyota Dealership and the said it was sludged up. The owner did not want to fix it so I purchased it, bought a used engine had it installed and then sold the truck. I figure someone can clean it out and re-ring it, new bearings, new gaskets and have a great engine for a lot less than purchasing a used engine. The used engine I purchased was a 2007 with 92,000 miles on it for $2500.