Notices

WTB: 05+ TRD Overhead Console

Old 12-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
SLOdrive
SLOdrive is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
SLOdrive's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: 05+ TRD Overhead Console

Wanted: Working overhead consul for a 2005 Tacoma SR5 extended cab. This unit provides a glasses holder, a L&R dome light and a compass and thermometer display.

Nevermind. Got it working again . . .
Old 12-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Did your display stop working?
Old 12-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Gave your thread a bit better title so you can get some more attention...
Old 12-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
SLOdrive
Hi Nick, It worked when I tested it before re-installing it. But during the trips to the dealer to identify, find, order, buy and return to obtain the clip that I lost, the resistor was lost. My bad for not soldering it properly. I've obtained a substitute from radio shack but that piece is not working (even tough my soldering has improved) or helping the system perform. Somehow, I've been able to stumble through life without an overhead mounted compass and outside thermometer but now, NOW, that I've been spoiled - not to mentioned the ego being trampled, I am on a mission to make this MF work again. Thanks for asking!
Old 12-12-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dang how did you loose the resistor? even if it came loose it should have stayed in the black box.. unless you were carting it around dis-assembled..? Good luck to ya.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:28 AM   #7
SLOdrive
Last night I took it apart, for about the 37th time, and plugged in just the temp/compass module. I think I told you Radio Shack sold me an adjustable resistor for $1.66. So, as it was plugged in with the ignition on, I was able to adjust the Ohm setting until the display lit up. So, the thing works again. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #8
╒╪╕

Good job
Old 12-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #9
SLOdrive
Thanks again for your help . . . I would not have taken the assembly apart had you not posted how to do so. Dude: Thnx!