Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB Mid travel setup

Old 05-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Mid travel setup

I am looking for a used mid travel setup. I'm hoping to find someone who is returning to stock, or going full LT and wants to get rid of their old setup.

I do retrievals for SNORE and BITD. Having a descent suspension is a must! My Billy 5100s just aren't cutting it anymore.

If anyone comes across something, Please PM me some info.

Thanks in advance!

-Derek
Old 05-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, ill keep an eye out.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
DreDog is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
i am trying to go stock. i can sell you my camburg spindles and all pro leaf pack for $950 plus trade for your stock spindles and leaf pack, and rear shocks..

if your willing to drive to la.

if your interested. pm me
Old 05-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreDog View Post
i am trying to go stock. i can sell you my camburg spindles and all pro leaf pack for $950 plus trade for your stock spindles and leaf pack, and rear shocks..

if your willing to drive to la.

if your interested. pm me
Dude! I was just about to copy/paste your info in here lol!

EDIT:

He's 4wd....
Old 05-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #5
DreDog is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Dude! I was just about to copy/paste your info in here lol!

EDIT:

He's 4wd....

ahh man. thanks though
Old 05-15-2012, 03:23 AM   #6
PhilipRoth is just really nicePhilipRoth is just really nicePhilipRoth is just really nicePhilipRoth is just really nice

PhilipRoth's Tacoma Gallery
I have TC UCA's with kings resi's in all 4 corners id sell for 2 grand plus the old suspension!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:06 AM   #8
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW, I have been looking also to possibly accomplish a similar upgrade.

One common trait to many of these for sale posts are that they aren't always a great deal.

Recently, many can be bought new, with not parts swap back to the seller, for similar money. The great savings is if you are local and pay no taxes on the stuff. For me many stocking suppliers offered free shipping. Free shipping and no tax made it cheaper to buy new than used with shipping.

Buyer beware.

PK
Old 05-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #9
Tacomaonrails is on a distinguished road
Name: MAWI
Tacomaonrails's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post

One common trait to many of these for sale posts are that they aren't always a great deal.

Recently, many can be bought new, with not parts swap back to the seller, for similar money. The great savings is if you are local and pay no taxes on the stuff. For me many stocking suppliers offered free shipping. Free shipping and no tax made it cheaper to buy new than used with shipping.

Buyer beware.

PK

Your right...I was looking to build our second truck w/ mid travel and pretty much everyone is trying to sell their used parts for new money....I just bought brand new tc arms and king resi's for 1680 shipped to my door. Got here in 2 days and paid zero tax...good luck with find.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Buyer beware.

PK
Thanks for the tip! Maybe I can sweet talk a distributor into sponsoring me! Since I do retrievals and all....
Old 05-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #11
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Thanks for the tip! Maybe I can sweet talk a distributor into sponsoring me! Since I do retrievals and all....

It will at worse case be a no.

Honestly, I would see about exactly what you want, make the call, explain exactly what you do and how it could promote their product. See if they can sell it to you direct for distributor pricing or as a second choice dealer pricing.

If they won't budge or say buy it retail, no loss, try your second choice setup.

There are pretty much two sides of the fence in a racing environment. Typically the ones involved, but not pleading the poor man racer, can get hooked up in some form. It may be a prearranged deal where you buy it at cost via retailer so you are not buying direct. It's amazing some of the "bro" deals I have seen or been involved with when racing anything with wheels.

PK
Old 05-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #12
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It will at worse case be a no.

Honestly, I would see about exactly what you want, make the call, explain exactly what you do and how it could promote their product. See if they can sell it to you direct for distributor pricing or as a second choice dealer pricing.

If they won't budge or say buy it retail, no loss, try your second choice setup.

There are pretty much two sides of the fence in a racing environment. Typically the ones involved, but not pleading the poor man racer, can get hooked up in some form. It may be a prearranged deal where you buy it at cost via retailer so you are not buying direct. It's amazing some of the "bro" deals I have seen or been involved with when racing anything with wheels.

PK
I just might do this! Thanks again!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:35 AM   #13
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomaonrails View Post
Your right...I was looking to build our second truck w/ mid travel and pretty much everyone is trying to sell their used parts for new money....I just bought brand new tc arms and king resi's for 1680 shipped to my door. Got here in 2 days and paid zero tax...good luck with find.
kings and aftermarket uca for 1680 shipped new from a vendor? Link please.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #14
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
I'm gonna be parting out my truck.

I'll sell you my setup for $1600
Icon coilovers
Dsm ucas
Walker Evans rear shocks
Wheelers aal
All pro U bolt flip kit with bump stops welded on
Diff drop