Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: Roof rack!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
eddyb22 is on a distinguished road

eddyb22's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Roof rack!

I would like to buy a roof rack if anyone has one PM me thanks!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #2

eddyb22's Tacoma Gallery
Does a roof rack even fit an AC? i just thought about that..
Old 05-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #4

eddyb22's Tacoma Gallery
what does sub'd mean?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyb22 View Post
Does a roof rack even fit an AC? i just thought about that..
The OEM roof rack will NOT fit an access cab, they're made for double cabs only. You can put a Thule or Yakima roof rack on your access cab though since they attach differently. Thule and Yakima are also rated for more weight but the cross bars don't 'stow away' like the OEM rack. If you really want an OEM rack, someone did cut one down and made it fit an access cab but the cross bars wouldn't stow away and it requires hacking up the roof rack quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyb22 View Post
what does sub'd mean?
Means he's subscribed to this thread so he'll know when someone responds.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
Tuhkohmuh is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
Tuhkohmuh's Tacoma Gallery
No the OEM roof rack does not fit AC. I have seen people cut them to fit but then you can't store the rails which is the best feature. If you want a rack may have to go a different route. Good Luck!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I can make a roof rack to fit double cabs. I actually have 2 for sale now. Access cabs don't have the factory rack locations and holes would need to be drilled into the roof. If you want, I can also build a chase rack. It will bolt into the bed bolts, and still hang over the roof, just won't attach to roof. PM if interested!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
Safe Act is anything but!!!
Techoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired CPO
Name: John
Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
I can make a roof rack to fit double cabs. I actually have 2 for sale now. Access cabs don't have the factory rack locations and holes would need to be drilled into the roof. If you want, I can also build a chase rack. It will bolt into the bed bolts, and still hang over the roof, just won't attach to roof. PM if interested!
I'm interested.... need one pretty quick.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #12
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Ya the cut down rack for AC is quite a bit if work. If you don't want a project, go for Thule or Yakima.

I do like the final look though:

Old 05-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #13
Bradpad is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
Bradpad's Tacoma Gallery
i made this for my access cab, has 4 mounts that each have 2 , 1/4 inch holes for bolts that go through the roof and a nut tightened from the underside (under headliner). i could build you one to the style of your liking
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...b-build-8.html
^my build thread for the rack

pic one is how she sits, pic 2 is the mounts before the welds were cleaned up and painted, i sprayed the whole rack with bedliner spray to keep stuff up there from sliding around
Attached Thumbnails
WTB: Roof rack!-2012-05-14_19-10-38_608.jpg   WTB: Roof rack!-2012-05-14_19-11-42_912.jpg  
Old 05-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #14
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005Techoma View Post
I want this! I have an office in DFW, vbeach, or San Diego... Which would be the cheapest to ship to and how much to ship?

It bolts to existing holes correct?
I'll check shipping today. It does bolt to existing locations. Are you interested in #1 or #2?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #15
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
Hay Derek do I get a finders fee LOL
Old 05-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
Safe Act is anything but!!!
Techoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired CPO
Name: John
Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
I'll check shipping today. It does bolt to existing locations. Are you interested in #1 or #2?
#2. 23452 (VA), 91950 (CA) or 76092 (TX)
If we can work shipping out... I'm in!!!! If I don't buy this from you... I'm tossing in the towel and buying the OEM tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #17
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005Techoma View Post
#2. 23452 (VA), 91950 (CA) or 76092 (TX)
If we can work shipping out... I'm in!!!! If I don't buy this from you... I'm tossing in the towel and buying the OEM tomorrow.
I'll get back to you. I'll find out about shipping now.