Notices

FS: TireGate-HitchGate Tire Carrier in Oceanside CA

Old 05-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
SLV2NON is on a distinguished road
Name: Logan
SLV2NON's Tacoma Gallery
FS: TireGate-HitchGate Tire Carrier in Oceanside CA

SOLD!

I have a HitchGate from TireGate to sell. I had it on my Tacoma so that I could fit a full-size spare, but I don't have the Tacoma any longer and I won't plan on building up my new 4x4 rig for at least a couple years (my money is going elsewhere right now). It's in great condition, just sitting in my garage and I'd both like the space and a little extra cash to finance a new watch purchase.

$400 OBO. These sell for on the low side of $700 new, up to $900 depending on which design, and that is not including the shipping which runs over $150. Because of the size and weight, I'm looking for a local purchase, between San Diego and Los Angeles.

From my CL listing:

If you are looking to relocate your spare tire, this is THE rack to use. It fits a 2" receiver and it swings open to the passenger side to allow you to drop your tailgate down or swing open your rear SUV doors. Made in the USA, high quality steel, powder coated... lets just say this is not a lightweight tire carrier. When you pick this up off the ground you will realize that this will last a lifetime. It will support up to a 40" tire, still allows you to tow with your vehicle. From their site:

"This product meets the requirements for a SAE Class IV coupling classification. Max. vertical tongue weight of this product is 750 lbs. Maximum towing weight attached to this product is 7500 lbs."

Shop around. You won't find another on Craigslist in southern California. If you find one on ebay prepare to spend $700+ and that's before shipping. I've switched to a 4x4 with smaller tires and don't plan on needing to relocate the tire anytime soon, so I'd like to clean this out of my garage.

This will fit more than just Tacomas... in fact it can pretty easily be moved between vehicles or just removed/installed only when needed.

Prefer local over the hassle of shipping something this big/heavy.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
Oh Herro
MikeyTG will become famous soon enoughMikeyTG will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Mike
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
I might be blind, but from the pics its slightly hard to tell: is it off center just a tad? I kinda like that look if it is.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
SLV2NON's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, tire is off center.

I love the look as well, but just doesn't look right on my current "stock" rig. Like most things I've sold I'm sure I'll regret selling it once I upgrade my suspension and tires... But that could be 6 months away or two years away.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
God dam it that's a good deal been searching for so long for one of these there a cool design but expensive as fuck
Old 05-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
lazyshisnot is on a distinguished road
Marines: Infantry
lazyshisnot's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take it...

I'll take it, depending on shipping costs to 79834, or perhaps, I can find someone in the area to get it for me..

I am in Texas..
Old 05-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
lazyshisnot is on a distinguished road
Marines: Infantry
lazyshisnot's Tacoma Gallery

PM sent.. gotta work out the details..
Old 05-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
tacosallday is on a distinguished road
Name: michael
tacosallday's Tacoma Gallery
pm'ed
Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
SLV2NON's Tacoma Gallery
Pending sale..
Old 05-22-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
sngltrak1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
sngltrak1's Tacoma Gallery
If pending sale doesn't work out I'll take it.