Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB - Front Mud Flaps for 2009 Tacoma

Old 12-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
motomem is on a distinguished road
motomem's Tacoma Gallery
WTB - Front Mud Flaps for 2009 Tacoma

I'm looking for a pair of factory mud flaps to put on my new Toyota.
I've read here that some have taken them off so I'm hoping to pick up a pair on the cheap. My truck is the base model 2 wheel drive. Let me know what you have.
TKS
Old 12-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
check on ebay i saw some there the other day
Old 12-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #4
motomem's Tacoma Gallery
Fire - I saw some on Ebay but they were fairly expensive - 80 - 90.00.

Longbow - Thanks for the offer - very generous. If I run across somebody with one I'll get back to you. I would prefer to at least send you enough money for a six pack of good brew and to cover shipping.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #5
motomem's Tacoma Gallery
Heck yeah! I didn't see your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09magnetic View Post
soooo you dont want the pair i have??
Sure I want them. $20.00 - do you have a PayPal account?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
motomem's Tacoma Gallery
09 - made me and offer I can't refuse. This forum works fast - thanks for all the offers!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Great deal!!
Old 12-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #8
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomem View Post
I'm looking for a pair of factory mud flaps to put on my new Toyota.
I've read here that some have taken them off so I'm hoping to pick up a pair on the cheap. My truck is the base model 2 wheel drive. Let me know what you have.
TKS
If this is a 5 lug, factory front mudflaps don't exist. They didn't in 2007 when I was looking for them and i doubt anything has changed.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:58 PM   #9
motomem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
If this is a 5 lug, factory front mudflaps don't exist. They didn't in 2007 when I was looking for them and i doubt anything has changed.
Sorry - I don't know that much about Tacos. I bought this 09 Tacoma 2 wheel drive - the base model earlier in the week. I just figured that it didn't come with front mudflaps because it is the stripped down model. It looks like there are holes for mudflaps to be mounted. Please let me know if this is wrong.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #10
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry - I don't know that much about Tacos. I bought this 09 Tacoma 2 wheel drive - the base model earlier in the week. I just figured that it didn't come with front mudflaps because it is the stripped down model. It looks like there are holes for mudflaps to be mounted. Please let me know if this is wrong.
Is this the very base model or a Pre-Runner.
Difference being the suspension.
Count the lugs on your wheels.
5 lug is low end and no flaps available.
6 lug is pre- Runner and the flaps guys are offering to sell you here will fit.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #11
motomem's Tacoma Gallery
It's the 5 lug. Well I hope I can find some flaps that will work. The tires throw a good deal of dirt. Did you ever find any for your truck?
Old 12-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #12
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's the 5 lug. Well I hope I can find some flaps that will work. The tires throw a good deal of dirt. Did you ever find any for your truck?
Nope. Hope you didn't already buy the ones offered you above. The 5 lug 4 bangers are the red headed step children as far a Toyota is concerned. No factory alloy wheels other than the wide 18's of the XR either.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #13
motomem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
Nope. Hope you didn't already buy the ones offered you above. The 5 lug 4 bangers are the red headed step children as far a Toyota is concerned. No factory alloy wheels other than the wide 18's of the XR either.
This is the 3rd Toyota pickup I have had. First was a '73 model, then an '84. If this little gal is as good as the others I can survive without mud flaps.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #14
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
if you have the holes in your fenders that look like they might be for mud flaps, 20 dollars is a good deal, you might be able to make them work. I'm sure if you search hard enough someone has done this.

Gary
Old 12-26-2008, 07:48 PM   #15
2009TOY_TACO is on a distinguished road
2009TOY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i have a 2009 pre runner i took the mud flaps off.
the reason no flaps were installed on your 5-lug is because of the suspension height. your truck is'nt high enough for the factory mud flaps.

if you buy the pre runner mud flaps they should bolt/screw right on. you will only have to cut a little of the bottom off the flap.

i have a complete set off my 2009 pre runner up for grabs. brand new only 150 miles on them.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #16
motomem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Still up for grabs?
No - I'm going to go for them. That is if they aren't already gone. If I just totally can't make them work I'll put them back up here.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:58 AM   #17
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009TOY_TACO View Post
i have a 2009 pre runner i took the mud flaps off.
the reason no flaps were installed on your 5-lug is because of the suspension height. your truck is'nt high enough for the factory mud flaps.

if you buy the pre runner mud flaps they should bolt/screw right on. you will only have to cut a little of the bottom off the flap.

i have a complete set off my 2009 pre runner up for grabs. brand new only 150 miles on them.
Also the Pre-Runner has fender flares that make their flaps not compatable with the 5 lugger. Mounting holes probably aren't the same.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #18
oneshottc is on a distinguished road
oneshottc's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in need of the front flaps. Are they still available and if so please let me know? Thanks,
Old 12-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #19
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
I need a front flap for drivers' front 2006 TRD Sport.
Anybody got one I can use?
TIA
Old 12-31-2008, 04:53 PM   #20
Calboyincal is a jewel in the roughCalboyincal is a jewel in the roughCalboyincal is a jewel in the roughCalboyincal is a jewel in the rough
Name: Garth
Calboyincal's Tacoma Gallery
I need a front drivers side flap if anyone has one... Please let me know!!! I'm in northern california and it's for a 2006 prerunner thanks