Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Have any of you bought or sold part to user name: Keatstaco20

Old 05-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #141
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
$1700 Rockstar/Toyo... bought by Tacomaman who is banned (joined same month).
$120 for 5100s, sold to a 6-poster joined in December
$85 Access cab steps, sold to another newbie, but buyer left props and is still active.
$400 sub box never sold

I dunno... looks like he has a good variety of sales that look clean.
A couple looked a little shilly, but I would still have been very careful buying from him, and absolutely NEVER sent PP as "gift" unless it is someone that I've had a good relationship with on the forums.
I bought the $85 AC steps back in December, Keaton and I texted back and forth several times before finally receiving a tracking#... it took him roughly two weeks to get the steps shipped out, said the delay was due to the birth of his child. I checked my cell bill for his phone#, but VZ only lets me view 90 days of txt history (for the best since ya'll might get liquored up and start calling him again). If OP really wants the number, shoot me a pm and I'll see what I can do.

I agree with everything Rich has ever said, ever: would rather pay the addtn'l 3% for piece of mind when dealing w/ strangers. If it makes ya feel any better I bought an emblem 10 weeks ago from a TW Member and still awaiting delivery confirmation, tho he's got plenty of positive rep so I'm not worried in the least.

Good luck and let me know when we march on this guy's lawn.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #142
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Name: Austin
aportis72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brny67 View Post
Hey man if he does not send it to you if your credit card is linked up to your pay pal account you can reverse the charge and let them know you did not get the goods and you would they will reverse the charge.
He has his account linked to his bank account so this will not work. And No the bank cannot reverse this and has no way to get the money back on a transfer.

But you are correct if the money came out of your credit card linked to your Paypal your credit card company can just reverse the charges.

So everyone have paypal funds source taken out of credit card not your bank account. Feel free to gift the money this way as you will be protected by your Credit card company.

I almost got ripped off for $1500 on car seats and learned all this the hard way.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:01 AM   #143
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportis72 View Post
So everyone have paypal funds source taken out of credit card not your bank account. Feel free to gift the money this way as you will be protected by your Credit card company.
you can't gift money from your credit card, they will charge the fees if it comes from the credit card even if you select gift.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:02 AM   #144
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
you can't gift money from your credit card, they will charge the fees if it comes from the credit card even if you select gift.
That's exactly what ziggy is talkin about. You can gift from your CC, you will just have to pay the 3% fee, which in hindsight, would have been better off for the OP since you can reverse charges with your CC (which you can't do if you sent a gift from your checking acct)
Old 05-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #145
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
That's exactly what ziggy is talkin about. You can gift from your CC, you will just have to pay the 3% fee, which in hindsight, would have been better off for the OP since you can reverse charges with your CC (which you can't do if you sent a gift from your checking acct)
well if you gift money from your credit card and pay the 3%, you might as well just send it regularly and still be charged the 3% and be covered by paypal
Old 05-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #146
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
well if you gift money from your credit card and pay the 3%, you might as well just send it regularly and still be charged the 3% and be covered by paypal

100% false statement

Why is the paypal concept sooooo hard for people to grasp?

If your sending money electronically you would think the sender might do a little research first, but apparently no one ever does.

* Your bank could care less that you sent money to pay pal from your account no matter gift or whatever BS. They are just a middle man holding your cash like Paypal does.

* Your credit card company on the other hand does care and has a HUGE fraud department for this exact kind of deal. Do you know why? Cause they paid with their money not yours. You never paid them yet and can refute the claim legally.

If in this day and age of cyber crime if you have your bank account linked to your paypal your a complete moron.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:45 AM   #147
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
License2Ill's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OP. I'm in Redwood Valley. 10 minutes north of ukiah. Say the word and I can grap em by his shoe strings.

Or at least pick that header up for you and get it to you.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #148
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
100% false statement

If your sending money electronically you would think the sender might do a little research first, but apparently no one ever does.

* Your bank could care less that you sent money to pay pal from your account no matter gift or whatever BS. They are just a middle man holding your cash like Paypal does.

* Your credit card company on the other hand does care and has a HUGE fraud department for this exact kind of deal. Do you know why? Cause they paid with their money not yours. You never paid them yet and can refute the claim legally.

If in this day and age of cyber crime if you have your bank account linked to your paypal your a complete moron.
That all depends on the bank.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #149
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
That all depends on the bank.
Touche

Also depends on the credit card.

I use and have had a Citi Simplicity account since 2001 with a locked in 4.9% APR. I know no other card that offers such good insurance against fraud with that low of a fiance charge. My CC account has been hacked once and I have disputed numerous claims over the years. Each time Citi came through for me...the last dispute was a couple months ago with Autoanything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
lies and truth. EFT drafts from your bank account are protected by laws and regulations, kicker is only if they are fraudulent. You authorized the transfer to paypal so the transfer is legit.

Your last statement is stupid. Paypal covers transactions regardless of where it originates from. You as the user are take the risk of sending the money unprotected. Having it linked to your bank account is harmless unless you are being an idiot with it. You give out your bank account number, routing number, full name, and signature everytime you write a check. That, seeing it for years of my life, is the most risky thing you can do. Moral of the story, just like a gun, guns can be completely safe but you can be a retard and wave a loaded one in your face and it probably won't end well.
1/2 of Americans are tarded and just about everyone who get's ripped off on TW does things incorrectly so my statements are all encompassing for the derps.

Linking anything to your bank account is stupid IMO. Why would you want that info out there if it doesn't need to be?

What did I lie about?

Once money is out of your bank account paypal won't do squat and neither will your bank. Paypal may eventually get your money back ONLY if they can get it out of the account they sent it to. If the money is already removed your screwed.

A credit card will not pay Paypal if there is an issue and you don't pay the credit card company....how is this not better? You never pay....where the opther way your money is gone and your fighting to get it back. Seems like any logical person would link their paypal to a CC. I see no benefit of doing it any other way.

If your to cheap to pay 3% anbd protect yourself then maybe you should get ripped off
Old 05-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #150
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Touche

Also depends on the credit card.

I use and have had a Citi Simplicity account since 2001 with a locked in 4.9% APR. I know no other card that offers such good insurance against fraud with that low of a fiance charge. My CC account has been hacked once and I have disputed numerous claims over the years. Each time Citi came through for me...the last dispute was a couple months ago with Autoanything.

1/2 of Americans are tarded and just about everyone who get's ripped off on TW does things incorrectly so my statements are all encompassing for the derps.

Linking anything to your bank account is stupid IMO. Why would you want that info out there if it doesn't need to be?

What did I lie about?

Once money is out of your bank account paypal won't do squat and neither will your bank. Paypal may eventually get your money back ONLY if they can get it out of the account they sent it to. If the money is already removed your screwed.

A credit card will not pay Paypal if there is an issue and you don't pay the credit card company....how is this not better? You never pay....where the opther way your money is gone and your fighting to get it back. Seems like any logical person would link their paypal to a CC. I see no benefit of doing it any other way.

If your to cheap to pay 3% anbd protect yourself then maybe you should get ripped off
I have a Wells Fargo account so I can add to my IRA. That was the only reason I opened the checking account. I also use this account as my slush fund for projects, mainly Moab time. Mind you, the nearest Wells Fargo to me is in Mt. Carmel (30 minutes North of RC). It's one of those institutions that accesses a fee if you don't use their ATM...which as I said the closest one is 2 hours away.

Anyway, their fraud department is a little nuts. They shut my card off when I withdrew $300 for Moab...in my home town. I called them up and asked what gives. I had to give them my Checking Account # to verify my identity before they would even discuss it. Mind you I'm in Moab at this point and have no clue what the number is. I don't keep that stuff written down and it is displayed like XXXXXXX1234 when you log in to the website. So they said that's ok, we can do it by last the withdraw and deposit. I'm logged in to my account and read them off for the guy. He then explains what happened and starts saying that someone tried withdrawing money from several different states in the last 24 hours.

I said I know because it was me fuckstick. Unlock my shit now.

He tried getting more info from me like where I was, how long I was going to be there, when I was returning blah blah blah.

I understand the need for security but it was a little excessive. He said they called me but if they didn't leave a message, I would have written it off as not that important and disregarded the missed call.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #151
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Name: Austin
aportis72's Tacoma Gallery
PayPal will screw you any way they can. They offer no protection even if
You use the regular method to send money.

If transaction is outside 45 days PayPal can do nothing for you it's in their policy even if you haven't exited your item.
If seller takes money out of paypal how the eff can PayPal get your money back? They can't
Do not use your bank account other than to transfer money from PayPal into your bank account.

Always always use your credit card

Oh and even if you are a straight up seller and send a perfect item to a buyer and they break it they can claim it was broken in shipping as some one did to me
PayPal took their side WTF.
Also if a buyer declines insurance and it's broken in shipping still your fault as paypal a policy is its the sellers responsibility to get said item to buyer in correct condition.

Fuck PayPal if you can't tell I have been fucked over more than once by Paypal as a buyer for $1500 and as a seller for $450.

And don't even get me started on UPS an FedEx insurance policies holly shit.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #152
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd to see how this plays out.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #153
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

*you're

Old 05-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #154

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
100% false statement

[/B][/U]
how is that false at all? if u send money the regular way, u can always dispute it
Old 05-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #155

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportis72 View Post
PayPal will screw you any way they can. They offer no protection even if
You use the regular method to send money.

If transaction is outside 45 days PayPal can do nothing for you it's in their policy even if you haven't exited your item.
If seller takes money out of paypal how the eff can PayPal get your money back? They can't
Do not use your bank account other than to transfer money from PayPal into your bank account.

Always always use your credit card

Oh and even if you are a straight up seller and send a perfect item to a buyer and they break it they can claim it was broken in shipping as some one did to me
PayPal took their side WTF.
Also if a buyer declines insurance and it's broken in shipping still your fault as paypal a policy is its the sellers responsibility to get said item to buyer in correct condition.

Fuck PayPal if you can't tell I have been fucked over more than once by Paypal as a buyer for $1500 and as a seller for $450.

And don't even get me started on UPS an FedEx insurance policies holly shit.
45 days is a reasonable period, and i've also been screwd as a seller, i honestly only trust them when i'm a buyer
Old 05-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #156

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
100% false statement

i'm pretty sure you don't understand it very well