Notices

Interesting Toyota on Craigslist

Old 05-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Me mber
chris5255 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
chris5255's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting Toyota on Craigslist

I just saw this on Craigslist Seattle. I don't have time for another project but this one looks interesting.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3008679614.html

"ultra rare toyotacustom cab 4x4 $4999

Date:2012-05-10, 8:14PM

Ultra rare 1986 toyota customcab 4x4 - $4999(greenwood north seattle)
Regrettably I am selling my 1986 custom crew cab 4x4. This is the rarest of therare toyotas. You may see some of these built on a standard cab truck but Ihave only ever seen one other one that was built on a king cab truck. As my sonsays its cavernous back here. This is a dealer option only offered for a shorttime on the Toyotas.

This is the ultimate road warrior zombi apocalypse first responder vehicle."
Old 05-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think it's rare. After market cab chop add on. Thats all.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ultimate road warrior zombi apocalypse first responder vehicle
Only if all the implements stuck on the eave of the garage came with it.

Frank
Old 05-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #5
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
I dont think it's rare. After market cab chop add on. Thats all.
Ya, seen a few around SoCal.
Always the 80's vintage... never seen one on a 90s or a Taco.

I'm not sure that I'd call it "aftermarket"... It's a glass cab extension, but the standard bed is used so the frame is stretched. Definitely a pro job, so if it wasn't done at the factory, it was done by a "coachworks" shop.

Though a couple of days ago I did see a Datsun mid-70s (4 round headlights) vintage "doublecab"... it was literally two Datsun cabs put together, and from the sag under the 2nd cab, I didn't want to see the frame.

I'll try to get a picture if I see it again. Was going to shoot it but I noticed someone was sitting in the passenger seat watching me.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
Foxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Foxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Only if all the implements stuck on the eave of the garage came with it.

Frank
Those are probably the tools he used to add the extra cab
Old 05-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
Good351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to behold

Good351's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen a few of these..but always 2wd.. there is one close to my mom's house, I'll try to snap a pic tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Is this how tey decorate in Canada ? Look at that house !
Craigslist Seattle... Welcome to America!

Frank
Old 05-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't the airdam below the front bumper supposed to be the same color as the paint?
Old 05-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
UBIQUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Isn't the airdam below the front bumper supposed to be the same color as the paint?
Normally I would agree... but where this truck is a "special custom", it looks like it was chromed.

Frank
Old 05-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #11
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Normally I would agree... but where this truck is a "special custom", it looks like it was chromed.

Frank
That thing does NOT look like it was put on at the dealership!
1) because it doesn't look stock and 2) it has an xtra cab sticker and the custom cab sticker.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
UBIQUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbd56 View Post
That thing does NOT look like it was put on at the dealership!
1) because it doesn't look stock and 2) it has an xtra cab sticker and the custom cab sticker.
Learn to read, and don't jump to conclusions. Did I say dealer? It was suggested that this job was done by a coachworks shop.. I'm sure they could have chromed his lower bumper valance as well.

Frank
Old 05-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #13
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
or part trades for ballistic protein procurement devices
WTF?
Old 05-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #15
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
2500.00 is fair not 5 grand. Looks like a great dog hauler.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #16
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/2998246128.html

This one says it's a professional job......looks like hack work to me.

The one OP posted is a fairly common sight around California. I think they were an aftermarket conversion but sold at Toyota dealers. Kinda like the Trekker (like a 4Runner, but not factory)
Old 05-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #17
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
A gun Ben...
Ah, that makes sense
Old 05-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #18
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/2998246128.html

This one says it's a professional job......looks like hack work to me.

The one OP posted is a fairly common sight around California. I think they were an aftermarket conversion but sold at Toyota dealers. Kinda like the Trekker (like a 4Runner, but not factory)
Never seen one like that before that wasn't an obvious back yard hack job.
The one in the OP is what I normally see... used to see one parked in front of the bar behind my place all the time but haven't seen it in a few years.

There are a LOT of pickup/SUV-like conversions out there.
Pickup/van conversions were the hot ticket before the manufacturers ramped up the SUV options. The early SUVs were not the greatest for families due to the poor rear seating... and if you had a need to haul, your only crew cab options were the 1-ton class... not practical for someone who's hauling needs would be met by a 1/2 ton or compact, but still need to get 4 guys to the job.

Centurion was very popular. They did a lot of Bronco/F-series grafting... At the time, the only 3-row availability was the Suburban. Bronco and Ramcharger were like the K5 Blazer... 2 doors, with a rear bench that sat 6" above the floor.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #19
DesertRatliff will become famous soon enough

DesertRatliff's Tacoma Gallery
Awww...no 22RET? I'll pass