Notices

Should i buy this TACO!!??

Old 05-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Reklaw31 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Ron
Reklaw31's Tacoma Gallery
Should i buy this TACO!!??

I found a 2010 with 18K miles. 4 door, 4X4 TRD sport standard bed. Guy is telling me 29K pre tax etc. (was 32K) it has a 6" lift installed by toyota, great wheel and tire package. is that fair or should I negotiate more? sorry. pic isn't so great.
Someone just traded it in today.
Attached Thumbnails
Should i buy this TACO!!??-image.jpg  
Old 05-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
mgiguere20 has a brilliant futuremgiguere20 has a brilliant futuremgiguere20 has a brilliant futuremgiguere20 has a brilliant futuremgiguere20 has a brilliant futuremgiguere20 has a brilliant futuremgiguere20 has a brilliant futuremgiguere20 has a brilliant futuremgiguere20 has a brilliant futuremgiguere20 has a brilliant futuremgiguere20 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
mgiguere20's Tacoma Gallery
seems a bit high, I think $26-$27 would be fair, I just paid $27 for a 2010 double cab long bed trd sport with 20k on the clock, which seemed to be the going rate for similar trucks in the northeast.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgiguere20 View Post
seems a bit high, I think $26-$27 would be fair, I just paid $27 for a 2010 double cab long bed trd sport with 20k on the clock, which seemed to be the going rate for similar trucks in the northeast.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I really like my 05 but it has 125k and pain issues. It's paid for though......:I. Decisions decisions.

They are trying to use the lift to drive the price.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It does seem kinda high, but it all depends on if you actually want the lift and the tire/wheel package thats on it. Nice looking truck from what i can see
Old 05-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
Bamahoyt is on a distinguished road

Name: Ted
Bamahoyt's Tacoma Gallery
the cheapest truck is the one that is already paid for and owned. I would hold onto your 05 =) Wish I never got rid of mine. 125k is nothing on the 05
Old 05-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #7
BucksBandsBulls is on a distinguished road
Name: Jonathan
BucksBandsBulls's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamahoyt View Post
the cheapest truck is the one that is already paid for and owned. I would hold onto your 05 =) Wish I never got rid of mine. 125k is nothing on the 05
Yeah totally...thats like trading in your 01 thats paid for already for an 04 with payments now...if it was 1st gen upgrading to 2nd gen i could justify it...your pretty much just gaining bragging rights by saying you have a 2010 vs 2005 now...save your money for the 2014 or whatever year they come out with a new revamp again...Shit i just went from a "average" 2001 TRD with quirks to a 99 TRD thats pristine and i couldnt be happier with the downgrade, both were paid for
Old 05-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #8
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksBandsBulls View Post
Yeah totally...thats like trading in your 01 thats paid for already for an 04 with payments now...if it was 1st gen upgrading to 2nd gen i could justify it...your pretty much just gaining bragging rights by saying you have a 2010 vs 2005 now...save your money for the 2014 or whatever year they come out with a new revamp again...Shit i just went from a "average" 2001 TRD with quirks to a 99 TRD thats pristine and i couldnt be happier with the downgrade, both were paid for
Very good point. I am undecided on upgrading also. I love my 05, but at what point (mileage) will it begin depreciating more rapidly? Right now it blue books for 13k, and I'm selling a Harley for 15k. If I wait another 2 years and have 150000 on the Tacoma, I may only get 7 or 8k for it...At least I know I can always find a Taco like that one, that's just the exact truck I want!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sergeant
Name: Kyle
kbrebel04's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to pay $2000 less than a new 2012 TRD Sport for a bro-lifted mall crawler..

Its funny that they are using the lift to drive the price, which is the one thing down the road that would probably screw you.

Buy a new one and lift it yourself, or a used one for less.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #11
g35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrebel04 View Post
If you want to pay $2000 less than a new 2012 TRD Sport for a bro-lifted mall crawler..

Its funny that they are using the lift to drive the price, which is the one thing down the road that would probably screw you.

+1
Old 05-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #12
roadking1 is on a distinguished road
roadking1's Tacoma Gallery
A new 2012 lists for $29,500....you can buy it through internet pricing for $27,900.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
It IS high, but it will probably sell quickly. Someone is gonna see it, fall in love and not have researched well enough.

So, YOU could be that guy! Wouldn't be a terrible purchase. Or, as others have said, you can negotiate and get a '12 for $28k and take that sucker to a shop and spend another 2K on a lift and wheels and have a truck two model years newer.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
Foxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Foxer's Tacoma Gallery
If you really do find a good deal you should tell nobody and buy it asap.... If it's a really good deal and you have to ask around then it will probably be gone before your done finding your answer.

I called the guy when I found mine on craigslist within minutes of it being posted I raced over there with a deposit in hand.. during the 2 hours I was test driving and bargaining he must have gotten at leaast 5 calls from other interested parties.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #16
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrebel04 View Post

Pretty much this^. Lol I love it when people think aftermarket parts add value when they do the exact opposite. The NADA book doesn't have a section for toyotas and toyotas with lifts and other aftermarket stuff. Not everyone that wants a Tacoma wants one with a lift (especially 6" lift). It would be worth it ONLY if YOU are looking for a truck with a lift.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #17
bubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bubbagumps's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I have a different take. Considering how much it would cost you to get a six-inch lift(properly done) with the tires and wheels, $29 is not really that bad for a DC TRD with these mods and mileage. You would pay a good chunk of change to put these mods on yourself with a new truck. There is no way you could buy a new TRD DC and install that lift, rims, and tires and get anywhere close to 29. The wheels, suspension, and tires shown on that truck are not going to come cheap and it is going to be expensive. This is assuming the dealer did it right and didn't go the cheap route. I dissagree in this case about mods not impacting the sales price. That is true for many mods. But a six inch lift with new rims and tires is not cheap and it is a rather costly mod should you do it on your own with a new truck. You would save quite a bit by buying the used truck. So, I will be the odd man out here and say that is actually a pretty fair price, given all I just said and the fact the truck only has 18K miles. If I wanted a lifted truck and were shopping used, I would give it serious consideration and might ask for $28K just to see how far the guy would come down.

However, I would say it is a fair price for YOU, IF and ONLY IF you want a truck with that degree of lift and were planning on doing such after you purchased a new vehicle. If you do not plan on lifting and just want a TRD DC, this is way too much to spend on a used truck. IMO, of course.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #18
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
If you honestly want a 6" lift and will get one eventually, then its pretty easy to just get that one. But really, you so close to buying a new one I would take a look at that too. Also consider the interest rate for both
Old 05-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #19
Air Force:
Thanks.

Alright, thanks for all the input guys. I def. don't think a 6" lift is right for me. I have decided that my 2005 Impulse red taco with the 3" lift, faded paint, 125k miles, and some other nice mods will suit me just fine for another few years. It has never been to the shop and if you look at it from anywhere other than the right it looks awesome. Oh, BTW, there is a guy selling the same truck with a smaller lift and wheels/tires, 2012 for 29k haha

Consider post closed unless you feel the need to respond. If anyone is in NW Florida, this truck is at quality imports in Fort Walton.