Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Fishing Rod Holders For Tacoma (for toolboxes)

Old 06-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Jaybo is a jewel in the roughJaybo is a jewel in the roughJaybo is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jaybo Talbo
Jaybo's Tacoma Gallery
Fishing Rod Holders For Tacoma (for toolboxes)

Hey guys,

Me and a friend have designed and made a prototype fishing rod holder for toolboxes. Let me know if anyone is interested in buying and we can talk business.

Image is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Rod Holders For Tacoma (for toolboxes)-fishingswagrodholders.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
YotaComa22 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
YotaComa22's Tacoma Gallery
Can we see a picture on the truck/toolbox?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
Jaybo is a jewel in the roughJaybo is a jewel in the roughJaybo is a jewel in the rough

Jaybo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaComa22 View Post
Can we see a picture on the truck/toolbox?
Sorry, not until monday... We just finished making the fishing rod holders today and my dad is borrowing my Tacoma for the weekend. If he wasn't borrowing my truck i'd have it on my toolbox already haha
Old 06-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #4

Jaybo's Tacoma Gallery
As promised I have attached a photo with the fishing rod holders put on my toolbox. It's stainless steel, the rod holders are adjustable, and the whole rig is fastened from the inside of the toolbox.

Like a said before, we plan to make them on an as-need basis right now so let me know if your interested and we will talk some business.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Rod Holders For Tacoma (for toolboxes)-fishingswagfishingrodholder.jpg  
Old 06-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
robstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant future

Name: Rob
robstaco35's Tacoma Gallery
any chance of making one for the front of the truck?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice! Can you make one smaller? Maybe with just 3 rod holders so I could bolt to the drivers side and I could reach over to get them?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
ds46000 is on a distinguished road
ds46000's Tacoma Gallery
is this for transporting poles or for fishing off the surf or something?

also, why do the two at the end point straight up and the others are tilted?

thanks.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #8

Jaybo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robstaco35 View Post
any chance of making one for the front of the truck?
Very possible.. We are working on expanding our designs to accommodate every fishermens need
Old 06-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #9

Jaybo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
Looks nice! Can you make one smaller? Maybe with just 3 rod holders so I could bolt to the drivers side and I could reach over to get them?
Yup, we can make these with however many rod holders as you want. And we can make the bar smaller too. The one shown is 30 inches long. And where on

the drivers side would you mount it?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #10

Jaybo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds46000 View Post
is this for transporting poles or for fishing off the surf or something?

also, why do the two at the end point straight up and the others are tilted?

thanks.
Its mainly for transporting poles but I know of people who use it for surf fishing. I would but not too many beaches in SC let trucks on the beach.

And the twoholders on the sides are straight up unlike the ones in the middle to show that they are adjustable.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #12
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
And where on

the drivers side would you mount it?
It would be on the box just all the way to the drivers side. I wouldn't be able to reach the middle to select a rod the way your showing us in the pic.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #13

Jaybo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4 View Post
How much are you looking to charge for these?
I'm trying to get my costs together but some things are pending right now. my goal is to get the one pictured under $150.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #14

Jaybo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
It would be on the box just all the way to the drivers side. I wouldn't be able to reach the middle to select a rod the way your showing us in the pic.
Yessir, an 18" long pipe that holds 2 to 3 rod holders would do the trick and that is possible to do
Old 06-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #15
85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
85okhai's Tacoma Gallery
will be interested in this depending on price. is there something at the bottom of the rod holder that the butt of the rod can sit on instead of the reel seat sliding around the rim of the rod holder?
Old 06-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #16

Jaybo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85okhai View Post
will be interested in this depending on price. is there something at the bottom of the rod holder that the butt of the rod can sit on instead of the reel seat sliding around the rim of the rod holder?

3 options for that:
1.) Like you said having the bottom welded off so the butt of the rod keeps the reel from rubbing on metal.
2.) Putting a rubber guard around the edge of the rod holder.
or 3.) Cutting a slit like all other rod holders
Old 06-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #17

Jaybo's Tacoma Gallery
Btw fellas, sorry the details arent all ironed out. Should of labeled this thread a "feeler." hoping to get all details in stone this week. Definitely let me kno if interested and thanks guys for all the questions
Old 06-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #18

Jaybo's Tacoma Gallery
Just a couple more photos
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Rod Holders For Tacoma (for toolboxes)-2012-06-06-14.21.28.jpg   Fishing Rod Holders For Tacoma (for toolboxes)-2012-06-06-18.11.53.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #19
taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm trying to get my costs together but some things are pending right now. my goal is to get the one pictured under $150.
Im interested when you get all the prices set. Let me know.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #20
robstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant futurerobstaco35 has a brilliant future

Name: Rob
robstaco35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very possible.. We are working on expanding our designs to accommodate every fishermens need
sweeet! if you expand your designs i would be very interested in a 3 pole holder system, tilted, for the front with two tabs for lights.