LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Push Button Start -- Cheap, Available now!

Old 06-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
moneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
moneyblind's Tacoma Gallery
Push Button Start -- Cheap, Available now!

Hello Tacoma World! My name is Kody and I am an avid electrical enthusiast! I own a 2007 RR Xrunner and frequent xr-underground.com.

A couple of months back, a user (S7ICKIVIAN) posted a "I wish" thread about push start and the TRD button. That inspired me to make the system available to all the tacoma owners!

Introducing, the Kode Push button System, this is only the first step in the process, I am diligently working on improvements and additions to make this fully customizable, intergradable, and easily installed.

Currently, the system does not recognize the driver. But that is near in the future! (Walk up, doors unlock, get in, vroom vroom, shut down, walk away, doors lock) But alas, this is just the basics for now, and as such, it is VERY affordable

Price:
Standard Kit: 125.00 (No spare key, no bypass module)
Inclusive Kit: 200.00 (Immobilizer Bypass Module included and pre configured for this setup) **By far the best, I have this on my truck**

Feel Free to read about the process (from start to finish of the development) HERE:
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=48486
and Kode: MB section here.
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...play.php?f=144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyblind
Quote:
Originally Posted by f3nd3r View Post
Well how about this: is it plausible to get the phase 1 version now and "upgrade" to a more complete set-up, later?

Definatly! That is part of the design, guess i did not explain this. My bad.

If for some reason that the design changes signficantly to accomodate the new system, there will be a BIG discount for Kode: MB Push Start owners(hopefully a 125$ discount, but I cannot guerentee this as of now. Everything is still in the works on the engineering side. but if i can, I will!)
Quote:
What is included with the kit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyblind
The kit includes, the harness(which is where the magic happens), the switch, the button, all the wires to be included, and quick connects to make installation very very easy.
Quote:
Is there instructions?
YOUTUBE Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgyEpck5P00

The button I have installed in my truck is not the standard button, the standard button is a flat, silver, and larger button than in the video, I used the one shown for test purposes.

In the picture, you can see other types of buttons, including the lexus/toyota push start button, s2000 button, and even the TRD BUTTON! w00t (That is freaking expensive and imported from japan, but its a VERY clean and nice looking button)

IMAGE FROM GOOGLE

Image from google

Image from google

Unfortunantly, custom hardware cannot be refunded. If your order consists of a customization (including switch or button) I cannot refund that price, but I can refund the remainder for the rest of the kit.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
uncoordinated dirtbox
Brandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
Brandon9402's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing!!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Awesome. I like how you have to hit that first switch before the ignition will be able to work.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering when you'd transission from Xru to TW. Welcome to this side of the interwebs!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
Frankie_G is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Frankie
Frankie_G's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery

My biggest question is, How hard would it be.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
what about security as in could anyone just walkup and get in and start it

edit: I still would buy one,_ just wondering
Old 06-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
what about security as in could anyone just walkup and get in and start it
Yes, but I would take that first button (basically a battery switch) and disguise it so no one would ever be able to figure out how to start it.

As well as hide the start button
Old 06-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #10
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering as well when you'd come over here....
Old 06-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
mavrick0509 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
mavrick0509's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #12
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 06-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #13
moneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
HAha, Thanks for the support fellows! I want my product to be quality! and that is why i kept the circle small before I released to the masses, I dont believe in overhype and shoddy workmanship!

Everyone is right in regards to the security, I myself live on an AFB; So less of, but having an alarm (will not interfere with alarms or remote starts, actually having a remote start gives an advantage ) is always the best solution. With or without my kit. An alarm gives you that peace of mind.

As for the install. Its EASY! That was the number 1 factor in me designing this, was the ease of install, I even went as far as contacting different companies attempting to make a PnP harness(not going to happen for different reasons)

It can be installed and running in about 30 minutes with a adept installer, less if your familiar with your truck!

Just shoot me a PM if you wanna order; I have enough supplies for a couple of kits before I have to restock, and restocking will delay things about 3 business days, not much, but I will def keep everyone updated.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #14
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Titto
holyfield19's Tacoma Gallery
Somehow I always find something else I want for my truck on this forum.......IT'S A TRAP. Nice work, shut up and take my money. Maybe one day i'll pick this up.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #16
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
What I'm interested in is a push button key release, one that allows me to turn my key to the off position while the car is still on and remove the key. This allows me to warm my car with the doors locked and the key out. And should someone break in, the moment the clutch or brake is pushed the car shuts off.

Is this possible, if so....please advise.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #17

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
What I'm interested in is a push button key release, one that allows me to turn my key to the off position while the car is still on and remove the key. This allows me to warm my car with the doors locked and the key out. And should someone break in, the moment the clutch or brake is pushed the car shuts off.

Is this possible, if so....please advise.
Yup. This kit does the same thing, if you start the truck with the key, all you have to do is flip the switch and remove the key, the engine will remain running.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #18
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Fuckin A dude....
Old 06-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
this is prob a dumb q, but can you drive your truck with this system? and not the key? (I would think the key would have to be in close proximity b/c the chip)
Old 06-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #20

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Fuckin A dude....
haha! That emote is epic. Anyhow, when you needing this by? I can have one shipped out first thing on monday.