Notices

Retrofitted Headlights and Flexalite Electric Fan

Old 06-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
SpeedX is on a distinguished road
Army: Automotive Maintenance Technician, Fort Bliss, TX
Name: Rony
SpeedX's Tacoma Gallery
Retrofitted Headlights and Flexalite Electric Fan

For sale are a pair of retrofitted OEM headlights and Flexalite Electric fan with controls:

Headlights- $400 plus shipping

Electric fan- $200 plus shipping- Item has been sold locally

Headlight details:

Headlights were on my truck for about 6 months, they were brand new at time of retrofit. Retrofit involve using Mirimoto D2S projectors, bullet shrouds, shroud centric rings, painted gunmetal shrouds, and butyl headlight sealant. Headlights are in perfect condition and are fully sealed.

This combination includes both headlights, 2 brand new morimoto 5,000K D2S bulbs, 2 brand new ballasts, and D2S adapters. Please note, I do not have the harness to connect to the ballasts as I already had one with my new set-up. If you want the harness, you can either order one from the retrofit source, or include an additional $30 and I will include it in the package.

Flexalite Electric fan:

I was originally on orders to Fort Drum, New York when I purchased this fan. Unfortunately, I will not be using it any longer. I mounted this fan on my truck for 2 days, and took it off as my truck will be sitting in hot Fort Bliss, TX for a couple of months. I don't have any need for this now. I paid $375 originally; however, I am considering $225 for it now. Please see below pictures and interested, let me know.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
SpeedX's Tacoma Gallery
I apologize about the first pictures, they are now uploaded, please let me know if anyone is interested.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed=JSG= is one of the sharper tools in the shed
=JSG='s Tacoma Gallery
headlights not OEM?
Old 06-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Apollo shrouds?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
SpeedX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Apollo shrouds?
Good catch, updated thread. The shrouds are called bullets.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:34 AM   #6
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Helluva good price on the fan, like he said it's 360-375 new.

Bumpity
Old 06-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #7
brrttreed is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 4th Fighter wing/4th EMS
Name: Barrett
brrttreed's Tacoma Gallery
Are the headlights off of a 2012 tacoma?
Old 06-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrttreed View Post
Not to speak for the OP but those are 2005 - 2011 headlights. The 2012's are different.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #9
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrttreed View Post
Someone posted above, but I believe that these are aftermarket housings, not OEM, looks like an aftermarket since the TS lens is not yellow enough and the bezel is actually black. But could be OEM due to camera color shift and/ or if he BHLM'd an OEM set.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #10
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Someone posted above, but I believe that these are aftermarket housings, not OEM, looks like an aftermarket since the TS lens is not yellow enough and the bezel is actually black. But could be OEM due to camera color shift and/ or if he BHLM'd an OEM set.

That lens changes color due to a bulb being in there.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
OP says they're retrofitted OEM headlights.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #12
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
That lens changes color due to a bulb being in there.
I know, but the stock lens has a piss yellow color to it without an amber bulb behind it. Most of the aftermarkets actually have a clear TS lens. Pics look clear to me, so not sure. OP would need to answer.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #13
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting, haven't actually seen a clear TS lens'd HL on a factory Tacoma.

Now, I did need to replace my HLs a few months ago, for some flakey reasons, but the OEM replacements (from the dealer, real toyota box :-) did have clear TS lens'.

I posted at that time, but just thought it was the replacements, not that real Tacomas actually had the clear lens' installed from the factory.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #14
SpeedX's Tacoma Gallery
These are actually OEM 2005-2011 headlights. I painted the OEM shroud; furthermore, I retrofitted the Mirimoto D2S projector system into the headlight. I decided to paint the the bullet the same color as the OEM shroud to give it a nicer color tone.

I really loved this system; however, I wanted something different and I got another set of OEM headlights and went ahead and did the FXR retrofit. I don't have any use for these headlights anymore, and decided to place them up for sale.

I believe the price is decent as the headlights alone were like $400, and the Mirimoto D2S projector is $300 minus the harness.

I can work with lowering the price; however, only to interested buyers.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #15
SpeedX's Tacoma Gallery
All items have been sold, please close thread.