Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: Rear drive shaft, 99, 4x4, manual, REG CAB

Old 06-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
dlatona2 is on a distinguished road
dlatona2's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Rear drive shaft, 99, 4x4, manual, REG CAB

Hi, i've been looking in just about every junk yard here in NC, called over 30 in the united states, so im left with this option of posting WTBs on forums

I have a 99 tacoma regular cab 5 speed, 4x4.

what happend was the mechanic who was replacing the rear universal joint bent the yoke in the process, so im left with a yoke that shakes itself loose if i go above 30 mph, the bearings actually fell out on the way back to the mechanic.

so im asking from heart to heart! Someone please spare me a yoke or complete drive shaft if you do not want to part it!

i have my paypal ready and you will recieve payment faster then jack rabbits can reproduce.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Why is the shop not replacing it?!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Do you know if a 4.0 6spd AC drive shaft will work?
Old 06-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
private shop, said they didnt do it, and i dont feel like dealing with BS. ive been down there more than 10 times now and they wont replace it.

moneys not the real concern, i just want my truck back haha
Old 06-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Do you know if a 4.0 6spd AC drive shaft will work?
ive called many shops and they said that there is no interchangable part, but what people say and what actually works are 2 differnt things.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #6

I have a 2nd gen Tacoma with a 4.0L v6. Drive shaft will be coming out next month. Don't know if they are interchangeable or not
Old 06-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
I have a 2nd gen Tacoma with a 4.0L v6. Drive shaft will be coming out next month. Don't know if they are interchangeable or not
hmmm.. do you know the size of the shaft, weld to weld? reg cab shaft is 30 inches
Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #8

No clue I'm in Vegas tonight I'll measure Monday for ya.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen regular cab and 2nd gen access cab have completely different wheelbases and mostly different drivelines. No, it won't fit.

I'd take the shop to small claims court. Failing that, just call Spicer, order a new yoke, have the shaft rebuilt with it at another shop, or do it yourself. Why do you want a whole shaft if only the yoke is the problem?
Old 06-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
1st gen regular cab and 2nd gen access cab have completely different wheelbases and mostly different drivelines. No, it won't fit.

I'd take the shop to small claims court. Failing that, just call Spicer, order a new yoke, have the shaft rebuilt with it at another shop, or do it yourself. Why do you want a whole shaft if only the yoke is the problem?
where is this place i can order a new yoke from??
Old 06-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlatona2 View Post
where is this place i can order a new yoke from??
Dana Spicer makes the driveshafts for these vehicles. Google 'em then call 'em up and see if they can help you out with that.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Dana Spicer makes the driveshafts for these vehicles. Google 'em then call 'em up and see if they can help you out with that.
http://spicerparts.com/ <-- that the link?
Old 06-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #13

That would be them.