Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: Oval TRD Etched Exhaust Tip

Old 06-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Question WTB: Oval TRD Etched Exhaust Tip

Hello, Im looking for one of these... anyone not like there's and want to sell?
Thanks,
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
WTB: Oval TRD Etched Exhaust Tip-trd-exhaust-tip.jpg   WTB: Oval TRD Etched Exhaust Tip-trd-exhaust-tip2.jpg  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bueller...?
Old 07-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #3

bump..
Old 07-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
I have one. I believe its from a Tundra or Tacoma. Its the oval tip with the TRD etched on. Let me know if you want dimensions or additional pics. $40 + shipping?
Old 07-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluu44 View Post
I have one. I believe its from a Tundra or Tacoma. Its the oval tip with the TRD etched on. Let me know if you want dimensions or additional pics. $40 + shipping?
can you give me more pics and measurements? bottom of it too? Im pretty sure thats the same tip being used on the TRD exaust, so thats what im looking for. So you didnt have it on your tacoma? How did you come across it? Thanks!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
I had it on my FJ for a while, it was welded onto the stock exhaust. I got it locally on craigslist from a guy who had it on his Tacoma.
The stainless steel tip is about 11"L x 5"W. The tip is in great condition, no scratches or scuffs, just a bit dirty.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #7
Gtech2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
Gtech2's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone else have this same TRD exhaust tip sitting in the garage, unused and just collecting dust? My truck and I would be more than happy to give it a new home
Old 07-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #8

Thanks again Jon. I found a guy locally that says he can get the old tail pipe out and he does powder and ceramic coating. Im going to have it ceramic coated with flat black. Should look pretty nice.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
Gtech2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
Gtech2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckyTruck View Post
Thanks again Jon. I found a guy locally that says he can get the old tail pipe out and he does powder and ceramic coating. Im going to have it ceramic coated with flat black. Should look pretty nice.
Is ceramic coating more expensive than powder coating?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtech2 View Post
Is ceramic coating more expensive than powder coating?
i dont think by much. just to ceramic coat it he is charging me 30 bucks. then a little extra to get the old pipe out and clean it up
Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #12

Thanks again, Jon! I got it in the mail today. Ill put pics up of the final flat black ceramic coating im going to have done to it
Old 07-17-2012, 04:15 AM   #13
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I like that oval tip but don't care for how much it is sticking out in the pic above in post #1. Wouldn't want it out to edge of flap, maybe just out from under the body enough to see the TRD on it. More like this................

But I know it's hard to get it that way due to it being weld-on and where the bend is in the piping. That is why I just said fuck it and did the plain clamp-on oem.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #14

i think its going to weld up just right. if you notice in the pic, there is two different pieces of exhaust pipe welded in it, so the guy is going to cut both pieces out of it and clean it up. I agree, i dont want it sticking out too far. i was going to put it exactly where the stock pipe ends. I think the trd exhaust has it sticking out pretty far too though. not sure why