1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1998 Toyota 4Runner w/Lift, Wheels, Stereo

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by mrbee2828, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Jun 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    mrbee2828

mrbee2828 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    BJ
    Virginia Beach
    I know this is my first post but I haven't picked up my new Taco yet at the dealer. I was planning on keeping the 4Runner and finishing it as a true off road rig but I've decided to consolidate and do some mods to the Tacoma. So while it's a bit unconventional, I'm already in the process of buying the new truck and have decided to let go of my pet project.

Up for sale is my 1998 4Runner. I've had this truck for a little over 4 years. It was bought from a family in Richmond. It was purchased stock with 130k~ miles on it and its got about 153k~ now. I lifted the truck about a year later. It has a 2.5" suspension lift with Fabtech adjustable coilovers up front and OME 891 springs in the rear. It also has a 2" 4Crawler body lift and 1" 4Crawler differential drop. Wheels are 17"x9" Eagle wheels with 295/70/17 Nitto Terra Grappler tires. I ran over a bolt earlier this year and replaced the rear driver's side with a brand new tire as well. I've put an Alpine MP3 deck in it with iPod controls, Alpine separates and an Alpine amp with 2 10" subs. It has a Viper alarm with auto start on it and remote entry. Lastly are the Westin nerf bars and bull bar with PIAA trail lights. I've also upgraded the headlights to the clear 99'+ style lights. Note the Yakima basket. I'll be removing it for my future Tacoma unless we work something out.

The truck has been driven on Coralla 3 times on our annual vacation trip and I got to go on an awesome trail ride in western Virginia last year so it's seen some action. There are some scuffs on the body due to the trail ride but this is what I was building it for. The interior is in great condition. The rear has had a plastic tray like mat in it since day one so the rear mat is brand new and spotless. The stereo has been professionally installed with the amp under the driver's side seat. I later threw in an old, unfinished sub box with quick disconnects for HD runs.

I'm looking to upgrade to something a little newer though now. It's a great off road project truck and I can tell you about every bolt on it as I have done a lot of the mods myself. Serious inquires only please. I'm not interested in trades of any kind.

Asking $7500obo. It's located in the 23464 area of Virginia. I'll entertain any reasonable offer and will be negotiable based on going over what needs to be worked on moving forward as it's 14 years old. I'm also willing to deliver the vehicle to the surrounding states (NC, DC, MD etc) at full price. Make an offer, spread the word to other would be interested friend's... the worst I can say is no.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mrbee2828-albums-wheelin%27++lovingston%_682cce1c6b268125dc2b496d91853ad67a5b4423.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jun 26, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    xxnikkixx85

xxnikkixx85 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    Langley,B.C (Canada)
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma SR5 4x4
    PIAA FOG LIGHTS,Tinted Rear windows,Dunlop Fierce Mud Terrians,Blacked out badges,Blacked out taillights
    nice looking rig!

3. Jun 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    mrbee2828

mrbee2828 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    BJ
    Virginia Beach
    Thanks, I really don't want to sell it but I think a taco is going to suit me better right now and I'll grow to love it just as much after a few personalizations :)

4. Jun 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    2wd? 4x4?

5. Jun 26, 2012 at 1:27 PM