Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Spare Tire Mount

Old 01-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Spare Tire Mount

I have a 6 lug simple bolt on spare tire bed mount that fits up to a 35" tire and fits the bed ridges of the Tacoma. I can also make a different style (with T handle?) if that's what someone wanted too. This one holds the tire at 45 degrees and uses stock Tacoma lug studs. PM for details, thanks, Beefed.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
PM sent
Old 01-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Do you have any plans to add some kind of lateral support?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Cool and how much?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrazr View Post
PM sent
Responded. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Looks good. Do you have any plans to add some kind of lateral support?
The next off road one I make I'm going to spin the lower plate 180 degrees because I found out it's more balanced that way with the bigger tire. As far as lateral support, it has plenty of that but I am going to make sure everything is good to go in that area. Possibly widen the lower brace a bit. It comes w/2 plates for under the bed to keep the bolts from wanting to pull through, plus bed mounting hardware. I'll get a pic of the new style soon. This version uses stock lug nuts but a T handle version can be done too. I'll make a couple styles and post some pictures of them together here soon. Thanks Chris. Hope your honest mechanic (dog) is doing good.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #6
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippin101 View Post
Cool and how much?
I PMed you. Thanks for the interest.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good nice welding job.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #8
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Looks good nice welding job.
I appreciate that socalman22, I shot you a PM also. You get out of shipping costs too...I'd meet you somewhere no prob. Also guys, I'll most likely change the base plate for the off road one by widening it. Not so much for lateral support because these things mount real solid, mainly for the fact that with the composite beds, it would disperse the weight more evenly. I'll build a new one and get a picture. This one was the 1st one made for a 02 4x4. They come bare or painted at no extra cost.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #9
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Would love to see one mounted on a truck with a tire on
Old 01-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #10
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippin101 View Post
Would love to see one mounted on a truck with a tire on
I'll build the new version this week (depending on bills and cash flow) and get a pic of a tire on it in the bed to give a better idea of how it looks. I sold 1 in the past but never saw pics of it with his 33" tire on it. The new version will be cooler. (they only get better)
Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #11
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
Responded. Thanks.
thanks for the reply. can't wait to see the next version!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #12
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrazr View Post
thanks for the reply. can't wait to see the next version!
Thanks man. I'm always open to ideas, these started by a guy wanting one for his street truck...he wanted it to mount low and didn't want the tire to be seen from the side and to fit under a bed cap. He had a 3 legged design but I came up w/this. I don't have any pics of the black 4x4 one I did with 33" tire mounted though, wish I did.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #13
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
looks good beef ... let me think about it some more ( sneak it pass the wife ) .... lol
Old 01-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #14
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat's taco View Post
looks good beef ... let me think about it some more ( sneak it pass the wife ) .... lol
That's great! I totally understand the sneaking it past the wife scenario!! haha. good luck w/that one. Wait until you see her w/shopping bags or a new sweater she "never mentioned" then that would be a good time.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #15
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about

tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
how much is it? and shipping to CA? thanks
Old 01-04-2009, 01:18 AM   #16
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2008 View Post
how much is it? and shipping to CA? thanks
PM sent tc2008, thanks.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #17
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
Thanks man. I'm always open to ideas, these started by a guy wanting one for his street truck...he wanted it to mount low and didn't want the tire to be seen from the side and to fit under a bed cap. He had a 3 legged design but I came up w/this. I don't have any pics of the black 4x4 one I did with 33" tire mounted though, wish I did.

Do you think a 33 would sit low like that (under the bed rail)? I have a Bakflip cover on mine which sits level with the top of the bed and would like for it to close. It looks pretty good.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #18
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
Do you think a 33 would sit low like that (under the bed rail)? I have a Bakflip cover on mine which sits level with the top of the bed and would like for it to close. It looks pretty good.
Sorry it took me so long to see this. I sent you a PM regarding a custom one for you robrjohnson , thanks.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #19
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like some additional info as well (cost, shipping to 23430)

Thanks

Gary
Old 01-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #20
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
excellent welding you should make some sliders!!