Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Looking for stock manual locking hubs

Old 07-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TmecTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for stock manual locking hubs

I have a buddy doing a build on his 1st gen 4runner and I was wondering if anyone had or knew of any place with spindles/hubs with the manual locking/disconnect axles. I've been looking/calling all over but can't seem to find any. If anyone has any info I'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys
Old 07-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I know. I'm trying to help a buddy out who has a first gen 4runner that's looking to swap over. I probably shouldve mentioned that. And theres some benefits to having it.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Okay that makes more sense I remember some one actaully did it with a build thread go on the search and look for it. From what I hear I guess locking hubs are stronger which is good when your out wheeling
Old 07-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Okay that makes more sense I remember some one actaully did it with a build thread go on the search and look for it. From what I hear I guess locking hubs are stronger which is good when your out wheeling
Ya my buddie likes the idea of being able to unlock it and just let them free wheel so he can get slightly better mileage and he wouldn't have to worry so much about cv angle until he goes off road of course.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:08 AM   #6

Bump. Anyone know where i can pick up a set of hubs? anyone on here have and that they wanna get rid of?
Old 07-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #7

I know. I'm looking for them for a buddy of mine with a first gen 4runner.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
I believe ORS sold a conversion kit. I'm not really sure if they are still in business or not. Check over in pirate4x4 alot of those guys hack off the IFS for solid axles I'm sure some of those old classics have what you're looking for on them
Cool thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.