Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: Winch

Old 08-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
Breaker of Wheeling Rules #1 and #2
Mach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
Mach375's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Winch

Not real familiar with winches. But I do know quality vs. crap. So I'm looking for a good winch with power to spare. Synthetic line with matching fairleads preferred (of course), but really not too picky.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:25 AM   #2
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
How about a Smittybilt xrc8. About 14 months old, used it a total of 5 times

Not synthetic though. $225
Old 08-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
Breaker of Wheeling Rules #1 and #2
Mach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
Mach375's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
How about a Smittybilt xrc8. About 14 months old, used it a total of 5 times

Not synthetic though. $225
Definitely considering it. Pics? Condition? What's included? Any idea if it mounts in an ARB bumper?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
why are you selling it? 225 almost sounds too good to be true. I was just looking at a Warn i9500 on craiglist for 750 used. Are Warns just over priced?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a new one check out streetsideauto.com. From my research, they have some of the best prices on winches. I got a cheaper model Superwinch for around $260 recently. And, they had some reasonably priced Warns on there too.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach375 View Post
Definitely considering it. Pics? Condition? What's included? Any idea if it mounts in an ARB bumper?

the ARB bumper will hold anything. I've modified my winch, but for the better I beiieve. I lengthened the wires that go to the solenoid box because I relocated it to the engine bay, and then I resealed the solenoid to something smaller and protected.

I also lengthened the wires for the controller so I can winch from behind the wheel.

I'm in NorCal too, so if you're ever up here you can pick up and I dont have to charge you any shipping. Or if you want to wait, I'll be down there in 2 months and can drop it off
Old 08-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #7
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
why are you selling it? 225 almost sounds too good to be true. I was just looking at a Warn i9500 on craiglist for 750 used. Are Warns just over priced?
Warn winches have been around forever and are used around the world. Super winch is right up there with them. A winch is the last thing you want to cheap out on. You get what you pay for.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
NEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
NEAScott's Tacoma Gallery
First .. Streetside is bad.. m'kay? They are starting to ship jobs over to India.

Warn is not overpriced considering what you are buying. They are the LAST winch brand to be assembled in the US. All others are overseas.

Buying one of the $300 disposable winches is a gamble. Can you find parts readily when you break it? With Warn you can.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
Glenn is on a distinguished road
Name: Glenn
Glenn's Tacoma Gallery
Warn 9500 winch in Chicago

I've got a Warn winch for sale in Chicago. The insurance company paid for it after I got in an accident in my Jeep a couple of years ago. I removed it and sold the Jeep without ever using the winch, so it's basically new and works just fine. It's been sitting on a shelf in my garage.

If you're interested, let me know so I can figure out a price. I really don't know what's involved with shipping it, so I'd rather sell to someone who could pick it up in/near Chicago.

Glenn