Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

2012 TRD BAHA (WTB Red TRD Badge)

Old 08-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
MJ slasherADMIN is on a distinguished road
Name: MJ
MJ slasherADMIN's Tacoma Gallery
2012 TRD BAJA (WTB Red TRD Badge)

Does anyone happen to own a 2012 Baja? As you know there is a red factory badge on the tailgate, bottom passenger side. Its redish orange TRD.

I want to buy this badge in new condition. It was only placed on the Baja, so buying it is not an option. You must have a BAJA VIN # to purchase. I have read here on TW that a couple of members removed theirs. If so I would gladly buy the badge, name your price, reasonable of course.

Shoot me a message if you have a 2012 Red TRD badge from this Taco.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trent
EVErsionDesigns's Tacoma Gallery
Are you saying Baja?
Old 08-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVErsionDesigns View Post
Are you saying Baja?
My bad, been a long day.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
why dont you just color your badge red and call it good.
My badge is from a TX Pro and they are different. They are V6 and Tacoma.
I would have purchased the Baja as I liked the factory lift and tires, but the stereo and speakers were trash, so I decided against it. Would still like to have that TRD badge though.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trent
EVErsionDesigns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ slasherADMIN View Post
My bad, been a long day.
lol been there man
Old 08-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #7
brianv3ntura is on a distinguished road
brianv3ntura's Tacoma Gallery
from my understanding,no one really knew why that one Guy had a red TRD badge on his new Baja. My guess that it was a dealer bling added. You could always just order a TRD badge and paint it red. Or just order a red TRD badge.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianv3ntura View Post
from my understanding,no one really knew why that one Guy had a red TRD badge on his new Baja. My guess that it was a dealer bling added. You could always just order a TRD badge and paint it red. Or just order a red TRD badge.
There are two black Baja at the stealership here i n Cbus, seen the red badge on both with my own eyes.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Buy this, cut off left part, paint red:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRD-Front-Gr...6030c0&vxp=mtr
Old 08-14-2012, 06:01 AM   #10
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
the colors must change by color of the vehicle then. there's a red baja at the dealership by my house and the TRD emblem on that one is black. i assume they figured red on red wouldnt look good.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
the colors must change by color of the vehicle then. there's a red baja at the dealership by my house and the TRD emblem on that one is black. i assume they figured red on red wouldnt look good.
Correct, the Red Baja gets a black TRD Badge.
The Black Baja gets a Redish orange TRD badge.

I have looked on Ebay and elsewhere, badges are not the same. I know it sounds stupid, but I want the one from this truck. Hopefully at some point a debadged Baja owner will read this and PM me.

I would pay $50.00 for the OEM Red TRD Badge from the Baja today.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Buy this, cut off left part, paint red:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRD-Front-Gr...6030c0&vxp=mtr
Actually I looked at this badge last week and considered cutting off the flag. So we have the same idea, I might do that if I cant get the original.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
blitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blitzburgh99's Tacoma Gallery
Sub.....I would like one too.

Are the sizes the same on the one you may cut off and the official one? I actually have the chrome looking one in my garage. Any suggestions on best way to paint it?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #14
R.A.M.F (Rad Ass Mutha Fu$ka)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I got my TRD FJ TRD Special Edition Badges on mine.

IMHO, its better than the TRD ones off the BAJA. They're heavy in weight and all metal. You get 2 of them for a little over the price of one Baja TRD one.

This is an option for those out there.

They're all Black in a rectangle with the TRD logo in Radiant Red.