Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Feeler: Starting to design Custom skid plates for 3" Bull bars.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #41
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
and finish. Chrome being the most expensive.
just my opinion, i don't necessarily care for chrome, mine is like a brushed silver finish anyway.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #42
shutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cameron
shutterbug's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have access to stainless sheet to be able to polish for cheap? What finish are you thinking?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #44
shutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

that would work perfect for me. I think I am just going to colormatch mine.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #45
0369 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Grunt
Name: Staff Sergeant
0369's Tacoma Gallery
I have a westin 3" chrome. I dont follow others!!!! I would be interested, just wanna see a pic. Keep me in the loop please.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #46
Silvertacomao6 is a splendid one to beholdSilvertacomao6 is a splendid one to beholdSilvertacomao6 is a splendid one to beholdSilvertacomao6 is a splendid one to beholdSilvertacomao6 is a splendid one to beholdSilvertacomao6 is a splendid one to behold
Silvertacomao6's Tacoma Gallery
What about front skid plates with TRD or URD stamps.

If you could produce a bend and cut in stainless, and even chrome at a reasonable price, I would buy it in a.minute. And to those who are sporting bull bars and giving this beginner fabricator a hard time, you should encourage his thoughts and aspirations instead of shellacking his proposals! Could be a million dollar idea! Maybe encourage an entrepreneur to refine his product.
Just my thoughts. Maybe this highly sold bull bar manufacturer would like to be associated with him to sell their own plain piece of material.
JUST MY THOUGHTS!
Everybody needs a pat on the back sometimes! This guy actually is working!
All the commentary is just back seat drivers. Enough advice! Why don't you give him some props for actually doing something?
Anyhow, ya got my props my friend, for getting off your ass and trying to make a product fly! Best of wishes to you! And I hope you score a deal with someone to sell your design and manufacture many.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #47
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Id actually possibly be interested once i see the final product and prices. my westin ultimate skid plate got bent up after i schwacked a deer... only problem is i got the 2.5" bull bar... ill stay subbed here for updates!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #48
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
here are some of the dimensions i am looking at

very top width = 66 cm
just below it = 74 cm
bottom width = 89.5 cm
curved height = 31 cm

didn't get the hypotenuse, cause to be more accurate, gotta take the skid off, which i prob will in a month
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
Id actually possibly be interested once i see the final product and prices. my westin ultimate skid plate got bent up after i schwacked a deer... only problem is i got the 2.5" bull bar... ill stay subbed here for updates!
hey dsully72, maybe you could compare your skid plate dimensions with mine, I'm curious if they are identical, I have the 3'' westin bull bar
Old 09-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #49
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
hey dsully72, maybe you could compare your skid plate dimensions with mine, I'm curious if they are identical, I have the 3'' westin bull bar
yeah if i can remember ill look at doing that between my classes tomorrow. like i said though my measurements may not be as accurate, at least not at the bottom... mine got dented in when i hit that deer. shouldnt be too far off though. and where is the "just below the top" measurement?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #50

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
in post 23, I attached a pic of that lil L corner so the one just below the top is the wider one, I actually didn't notice yours was a 1st gen, there might be difference there too, but we'll see
Old 09-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #51

yeah i think all the 2nd gens (at least the westins) are all 3" and the 1st gens are 2.5". could be mistaken tho. do they offer a 2.5 and 3 for 2nd gens?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #53

lol yep yep. ill still try to remember to find out those measurements though because if you decide to start making them i may be very well interested! or perhaps we can trade measurements for a bull bar skid plate!!! ;D lol
Old 09-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #54

so i dont really have the best measuring tools, but i got:
Top: 63.8cm
Just below top: 73.5cm
Bottom width: 78.5cm
Curved height: 25.5cm
keep in mind i was using a crappy tape measure with a bent up skid plate though... ill do some research and see if i can find some dimensions online
Old 09-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #55

Quote:
here are some of the dimensions i am looking at

very top width = 66 cm
just below it = 74 cm
bottom width = 89.5 cm
curved height = 31 cm

didn't get the hypotenuse, cause to be more accurate, gotta take the skid off, which i prob will in a month
Now are these measurements pretty exact? Like right on the cm lines?

Anyone else have some(any brand) they can measure so I can get the best fit? Even the 2.5" for 1st Gen guy? Thanks all who are supportive. I am having my buddy start getting the one on the table.... Unfortunately I don't think I can do the TRD cutout because of copyright stuff. So I am thinking Tacoma will stand for the city in Washington lol.... and I could do the URD one if Gadget will let me....

Any other ideas? Gonna look into shipping prices and such to figure cost... I am planning on 16gauge steel and I'm thinking I can get 6 plates out of a sheet

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #56

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
Now are these measurements pretty exact? Like right on the cm lines?

Anyone else have some(any brand) they can measure so I can get the best fit? Even the 2.5" for 1st Gen guy? Thanks all who are supportive. I am having my buddy start getting the one on the table.... Unfortunately I don't think I can do the TRD cutout because of copyright stuff. So I am thinking Tacoma will stand for the city in Washington lol.... and I could do the URD one if Gadget will let me....

Any other ideas? Gonna look into shipping prices and such to figure cost... I am planning on 16gauge steel and I'm thinking I can get 6 plates out of a sheet

Thanks!
i'll recheck them tomorrow, when i did it, it was getting dark and the mosquitoes were coming out, but the reason i did cm was the units were smaller than inches
Old 09-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #57
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Cameron, Nammer has the same bull bar I do, a 3" westin ultimate so our measurements should be pretty dang close, if not exact.

Cameron lives near me and measured mine himself the other day. Although I did smash it up wheeling a couple weekends ago so the measurements may be tweaked a little.

Maybe I should just pull it off if there and we can pound it flat and measure it. haha. What bull bar did you pick up though? It may be the same size.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #58

Quote:
i'll recheck them tomorrow, when i did it, it was getting dark and the mosquitoes were coming out, but the reason i did cm was the units were smaller than inches
Oh OK, I just took measurement off a local member on here and got what I need. But I forgot to get the one more which was the height from the top wide and top narrow
Old 09-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post

Maybe I should just pull it off if there and we can pound it flat and measure it. haha. What bull bar did you pick up though? It may be the same size.
Yeah after I get the first one cut out we could flatten out a Weston and then I could get you a new one if you wanted.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #60
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any reason to get a new one. I am just using my bull bar as a rock guard until my plate bumper shows up. haha

As you can tell from the pic, the skid plate doesn't hold up to much, but the bar itself holds up decently actually. It is slightly dented, but that is it.

Products Discussed in this Thread