Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Feeler: Starting to design Custom skid plates for 3" Bull bars.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
shutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cameron
shutterbug's Tacoma Gallery
Feeler: Starting to design Custom skid plates for 3" Bull bars.

As the title says, I am going to start designing custom skid plates for bull bars. I have seen many taco as with the bull bars with either West in, Aries, or other boring looking skid plates.

For a least my truck I am going to do more aggressive skid plate grill with "Tacoma" centered on it. All chrome and ready to replace the boring one with 2" slots.

What I would like to know is if anyone would be interested in one for their truck to set it apart from others. I will be able to do all sorts of designs when I get started. So please reply if any interest and how much you think would be a good price.

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
lose the crome
Old 09-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
shutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shedshutterbug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
lose the crome
Old 09-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #5

Anybody? And could do black or unfinished on the skid plates... Also can do other brackets or metal work?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
SxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SxDx's Tacoma Gallery
Which exact "3 inch Bull Bars" are you referring to?
Where will this skid plate mount?
Is it for looks or for protection?
Any concept pictures of the design/look?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
if i'm not mistaken you are talking about making a new plate where this one says "westin" I am curious to see what they would look like and how much it would cost
Attached Thumbnails
Feeler: Starting to design Custom skid plates for 3" Bull bars.-esbb_main.jpeg  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SxDx View Post
i think he is talking about these bull bars because the diameter of the pipe is 3'', they also make 2.5''
Old 09-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxDx View Post
Where will this skid plate mount?
Is it for looks or for protection?
Any concept pictures of the design/look?
Like the Weston, Aries, or Smittybuilt bull bars. And it will replace the one they come with but be out of thicker sheet metal for protection but ultimately it will add in looks to make each truck different. I look at all trucks with bull bars and they all have 1 out of 3 designs and I want to help make each persons truck more individually. And working on concepts. Actually working on a physical one for my truck?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
if i'm not mistaken you are talking about making a new plate where this one says "westin" I am curious to see what they would look like and how much it would cost
Exactly and I was planning on doing each one different for each customer if they want... or make general looking ones with the Toyota symbol. And I have only drawn in up on the computer, been too busy with school to hook it up to the plasma. And costs would depend upon design and finish and obviously be cheaper for the first few to help me spread the word. And I could do the 2.5" ones too. I'll get on Photoshop and do concepts
Old 09-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Interested to see a finished product.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
Interested to see a finished product.
I am working on it whenever I can. When I get mine done I will color match to my truck I'm thinkin
Old 09-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #14

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
And costs would depend upon design and finish and obviously be cheaper for the first few to help me spread the word

And I could do the 2.5" ones too.

BUMP SPREAD THE WORD

is there even a difference in dimensions on the 2.5 skid plates? because they would have to mount in the same spot. I have actually never seen one in person, of if I have, I didn't notice a difference
Old 09-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #15

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
OP, I know you asked what a reasonable price is, I'm a cheap SOAB, I personally can't justifying paying more than 70-80 plus shipping. That's probably not even worth your time and with supplies. But these bull bars range anywhere between 120 - 400 new, and most of the time they are bought for under 200 used. Just my thoughts, I would still love to see how they turn out though. Just thought I would give you my opinion on prices since nobody else has. best of luck with production, sounds like its gonna be a good product
Old 09-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #16

I actually need to make sure and have people take dimensions for each brand... they all look the same and it just bugs me ha and I'd bet others feel the same!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #17

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
if it helps, i have this one, i can take measurements for ya if you don't have the same one

http://www.autoanything.com/grille-g...A1769A0A0.aspx

I know westin makes this one, and the E series one with the block letters, and the 2.5'' sizes
Old 09-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #18

Quote:
OP, I know you asked what a reasonable price is, I'm a cheap SOAB, I personally can't justifying paying more than 70-80 plus shipping. That's probably not even worth your time and with supplies. But these bull bars range anywhere between 120 - 200 new, and most of the time they are bought for under 200 used. Just my thoughts, I would still love to see how they turn out though. Just thought I would give you my opinion on prices since nobody else has. best of luck with production, sounds like its gonna be a good product
I will have to get chrome prices and length of time into it but this is gonna just help me affordmore toys for my truck so not gonna rip people off and I was thinking about 75 actually and thank you!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #19

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
I will have to get chrome prices and length of time into it but this is gonna just help me affordmore toys for my truck so not gonna rip people off and I was thinking about 75 actually and thank you!
that sounds good! i'll check back frequently, too bad on TW there are a lot of bull bar haters or you wouldn't have a problem selling a ton of em, but I really like the look, and i think it's really good for parking lot dings
Old 09-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #20

Quote:
if it helps, i have this one, i can take measurements for ya if you don't have the same one

http://www.autoanything.com/grille-g...A1769A0A0.aspx

I know westin makes this one, and the E series one with the block letters, and the 2.5'' sizes
I would appreciate it if you took measurements. Gotta compare a few

Products Discussed in this Thread