1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gentex GENK-42 Homelink Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror w/ Mood Lighting

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by DelTaco, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Sep 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    DelTaco

DelTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    DELAWHERE
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD Sport DCSB

The mirror has auto-dimming, HomeLink and a bright white LED map light. You can also toggle between LED mood lighting in amber, blue and white. The HomeLink feature has three buttons that can control three separate remote items.

The mirror comes with the mirror with a white map light and mood lights, wire harness, installation and operating instructions.

Looking for $150

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Oct 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM
    DelTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    DELAWHERE
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD Sport DCSB
  3. Oct 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    I have the 2007 Gentex Auto Dimming Homelink rearview mirror. Do you know if the wiring is the same, I just have to switch out the mirrors? Wondering if my current wiring will just plug into your mirror.

4. Oct 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    DelTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    DELAWHERE
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD Sport DCSB
    This only requires 3 wires. So if your current mirror has more than 3 wires you will have to splice them in. (Constant, switched and ground)

Here are a couple of pics of the connector:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Oct 10, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    DelTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    DELAWHERE
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD Sport DCSB
  6. Oct 17, 2012 at 8:21 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Damn, wish this had compass on it too. Been playin around with all these gentex options of temp/compass/homelink/maplight options.......with amber display. GLWS

7. Nov 10, 2012 at 8:11 AM
    senn4586

senn4586 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Always on lighter output, Any Time On Fog lights, rear 12v outlet, 4 additional D-Rings, Plasti-Dipped Side Steps, Satoshi Color Matched Grill, Dash light swap, Dome light and map light, Under hood light, Back up light/Bed Light, Diff Breather relocation, Cubby Combo Lock, Ammo Cans Mounted in bed
    So I found your post which I really appreciate, and I noticed that your mirrors looks similar to one that I have. The problem is that I don't have the pigtail that is suppose to go with it. I don't know what model number it is but I have pictures that I will upload and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edit:
    I forgot to mention that the colors of the plug that is on the mirror are Green, Brown, Yellow, Black, Grey, and White.

8. Nov 11, 2012 at 12:49 AM
    Wren

Wren Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Williamsburg, Ky
    Vehicle:
    11 White Reg. Cab 4x4
    I wished I had not blown all of my cash on a camper shell but that is a more immediate need than a dimming mirror. If it is still here is say January I'll buy it but till then I can't.

Products Discussed in

To Top