Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FS: 2012 TRD TX Pro Double Cab 4x4 - White

Old 09-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
Sharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
Sharky's Tacoma Gallery
FS: 2012 TRD TX Pro Double Cab 4x4 - White

No longer for sale on here. Pursuing a local sale. I can't fund a trip out to "check it out" or pay you for missing work to come get it unfortunately. Good luck to all looking for a Tacoma. They hold their value well and are rock solid. You won't be disappointed when you get one, unless you are expecting to get it for less than at an auction.
Attached Thumbnails
FS: 2012 TRD TX Pro Double Cab 4x4 - White-tacoma.jpg   FS: 2012 TRD TX Pro Double Cab 4x4 - White-tacoma2.jpg  
Old 09-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
Sharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sharky's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I think it's a great truck. It is the nicest truck I've ever driven. I'll be very sad to see it go, but I need to get all of the wonderful doctor's who have helped me and are now threatening to take me to collections. Their $1000 for a 25 minute visit is much more important in the grand scheme of things than me having a vehicle.

Sorry to any doctors I may have offended. My step-mom is a doctor and my best friend is too. I have no problem with them getting paid for their work. I just think that when you're suffering from some stress induced problems then they threaten you with court, then perhaps it's a bit of a conflict when their bill is causing you to need treatment. They are creating repeat customers that need treatment for a massive ulcer by squeezing every last dime out of me and causing the ulcer to get worse! How ironic.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'm fairly certain this would sell in a few days, maybe a week at that price. GL bud, I know the medical bills are a paint in the ass from personal experience.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
MikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeCB600F's Tacoma Gallery
GLWS and get better.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
Sharky's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I've got a couple of locals interested in it. It's always surprising to me how quickly people jump for a nice Toyota. Darn medical bills. I've been dreaming of one of these since the first time I saw a 4 door Hi-Lux in Africa. Then Toyota made the Tacoma in the 90's with 4 doors and I was in love. Maybe it will all work out and I can keep it. Dang dang dang. $150,000 in medical bills in the last 4 years isn't helping much.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Thanks guys. I've got a couple of locals interested in it. It's always surprising to me how quickly people jump for a nice Toyota. Darn medical bills. I've been dreaming of one of these since the first time I saw a 4 door Hi-Lux in Africa. Then Toyota made the Tacoma in the 90's with 4 doors and I was in love. Maybe it will all work out and I can keep it. Dang dang dang. $150,000 in medical bills in the last 4 years isn't helping much.
damn, sorry to hear. good luck with all of this! money comes and goes... you'll be back in a tacoma in no time.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
MikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeCB600F's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit I thought the $20K+ I spent on medical in the last 3 years was bad.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Give you 18k + 2002 4Runner limited w 112k miles. deal?
Old 09-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
Tayysere is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
Tayysere's Tacoma Gallery
Whereabout in Utah are you located? I have a friend looking for a Tacoma and we work in Sandy. Would you be interested in meeting up?
Old 09-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #11
Sharky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayysere View Post
Whereabout in Utah are you located? I have a friend looking for a Tacoma and we work in Sandy. Would you be interested in meeting up?
I am just down the road in Orem. I'm about 25 minutes from Sandy. I'd be glad to meet up if he wants to check it out. We can meet at Cabelas right over the point of the mountain. That's less than halfway for you, but about a 15 minute drive or so for me if the lanes are all open in Utah County. Or if you guys want to come down to Orem, I live really close to I-15 and the 800 North exit in North Orem. Just let me know when you'd want to meet up and you guys can take it for a spin and give it a once over. It really is as nice and new as I say it is. I barely drive and it is VERY well cared for. The longest trip it has gone on was from the dealership (Toyota Bountiful) to my house the day I bought it. I did take it to West Valley the other day and realized how amazingly smooth it is on the freeway. I felt like I was driving a luxury car. I think the Undercover really smooths out the ride, because once I drove to Lehi and it was pretty windy before I had the cover on and I could feel air catching a bit in the bed. Now the air flows over it super smooth and my mileage even seems a bit better (may be placebo, but I swear the truck is getting better mileage and runs at a lower RPM on the freeway.... it is at about 1800 RPM when cruising on the freeway at about 70 in fifth gear... that's practically idling... nice engineering Toyota!!!!).
Old 09-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #12
Sharky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
Give you 18k + 2002 4Runner limited w 112k miles. deal?
Not too bad of a deal. But I don't think I can work that one out because I'd have to take a bit of a loan back to make everything even out, and my credit union isn't too hip on anything pre-2006. They won't value it as high as I'd need it to be to make it work. I hope that makes sense. Basically I'd have to go in and take whatever money you gave me plus your vehicle and pay my vehicle off in cash, and then give you mine and the title and have yours signed over to me. I just don't think they'd lend me enough back on your 4R to even out the deal where I'd need it to be to do the full payoff I have right now.

These kind of deals are always complicated. I guess my best bet is to buy a vehicle from somebody else upfront that they approve, and then that sale is conditional on them buying my car from me a minute later with the proceeds off of their vehicle and any cash they are throwing in to the deal. Does that make sense? Unfortunately private party trades are always a bit wacky.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #13
Bump for this guy. Clean truck
Old 09-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #14
Sharky's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I talked to your friend through text early this AM. Then had an emergency and texted him about 4:30 apologizing about taking so long and never heard back. Did he change his mind about checking it out? No problem if he did. I understand and I just said I wouldn't show it to anybody else until I showed it to him when we talked this AM. If he doesn't want it then I've got a few other people that want to come take it for a spin and check it over. I just want to be true to my word and give him first crack at it if possible.

Thanks guys.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #15
I didn't know that he was looking for a truck so quickly, but it turns out that he picked up a 2012 sport brand new from Karl Malone yesterday.

Good luck with sell man, honest and legit seller
Old 09-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #16
Sharky's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for letting me know. If any of you are local or somewhat close, please let me know if you're interested. I'm probably going to take it off the market here and just sell to somebody on the local classifieds as I've gotten lots of calls and was trying to work in order of contact, but thought I'd give a last check if anybody out there is looking for a 2012. I can obviously give a better price than a dealer as I took the initial depreciation hit and it is still under 1,300 miles total and has some nice added options like the Undercover Flex, but NO modifications to the frame, engine, brakes, interior, etc. I haven't chopped, clipped, removed, added anything that isn't a bolt on item (the factory skid plate and the undercover). Both items can be removed in five minutes and you'd never know they were there, but they are nice options and add some usability value to the truck.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #17
Would you be interested in selling the undercover flex or the skid? I am interested in both of those.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #18
Sharky's Tacoma Gallery
No, I am including them with the truck. I don't feel like crawling around and removing parts. If somebody buys it and doesn't want them then I'll give them your name and they can sell them off to you if you'd like.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #19
Sharky's Tacoma Gallery
I'll give it one more bump just to see if I missed anybody that might be interested. Really, there isn't a nicer one out there.... and hey.... no having to go to a dealership!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #20
Sharky's Tacoma Gallery
Now my job is a goner. So I pretty much have no choice but to sell it (unless you all want to send me a few bucks every month to make my payment).

Nothing like getting fired because you almost died. Nice of them to wait for me to come back at least I guess....

Anyway, price is down to about 30 grand. Vehicle has 1363 miles on it as of today. I forgot to add that I have the rear tailgate lock. Never installed it. It's still in the box. You can wire it up to the keyfob and have a sealed back with the undercover flex top. Works like a trunk and just as secure. It doesn't leak even a drop. Really nice setup. Drop me a line if you want an absolutely perfect truck with less miles than a demo and has been treated much better as well. I'll include the original chrome grille (and if you'd like it reinstalled prior to purchase, then I'll put it on). I will also install the tailgate locking system if you'd like, or will just include it for somebody else to install.