Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FEELER: 2007 Tacoma TRD Access Cab

Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
FEELER: 2007 Tacoma TRD Access Cab

Well. Thinking about selling my 2007 Tacoma TRD Access Cab. Reason being, the transmission needs to be rebuilt. Truck still drives but shudders while in 5th before gear changes. Truck has 145k miles on it.

Things replaced within the last 10k miles.
East Coast 3rd member (rear end with elocker)
Drive shaft carrier bearing
Both front wheel bearings
New blower motor
Replaced interior carpet
Hankook Dynapro tires
Tuneup along with new fluids in transfer case and differentials

Everything works on the truck. Only problem is the transmission. Tires still look like new and rotated twice now (5k miles). Some scratches on paint, rear bumper on drivers side is tweaked up about a half inch. Not really noticable. Small dent on drivers side door, and some dents on the roof. Passenger side mirror cover is cracked (not mirror itself).

Price for a Toyota rebuilt transmission with torque converter from Toyota is $2.926.05

I really have no idea what the truck is worth in this condition so I really cant say a price. I'm asking you guys for your best judgement on a price. What I'm looking for is a down payment for a quad cab.

Thanks in advance guys.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bump. Even if your not interested what do you think its worth
Old 11-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Kevin View Post
Bump. Even if your not interested what do you think its worth

Idk......$6k maybe? I would suggest trading it in though. What is the reality the used car manager is going to get it to 5th gear when driving for the appraisal?
Old 11-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash42 View Post
Idk......$6k maybe? I would suggest trading it in though. What is the reality the used car manager is going to get it to 5th gear when driving for the appraisal?
Doesn't do it when its cold . Debating on replacing the trans myself with a Toyota rebuilt trans and torque converter. Still want a quad cab but still back and forth with a car payment.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doesn't do it when its cold . Debating on replacing the trans myself with a Toyota rebuilt trans and torque converter. Still want a quad cab but still back and forth with a car payment.
How long have you owned it?
Old 11-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
I'd fly out and give you the $2k you paid for it. I've been envious of that deal since the day you got it.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #8
ak47dennis is on a distinguished road

Name: dennis
ak47dennis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ditto
Old 11-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
I am confused now. you say it shutters in fifth before it shifts, but you priced an automatic and torque converter. What trans do you have?
X2
Old 11-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am confused now. you say it shutters in fifth before it shifts, but you priced an automatic and torque converter. What trans do you have?
this? what gives?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #12

Quote:
How long have you owned it?
I have owned it for almost a year now.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Its a 5-speed automatic. One of the more expensive Toyota trans.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #14

2nd line down.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #16
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
I would fix it and keep it. Way cheaper than a new one. Your truck looks great.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #17
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

2nd line down.
You saying that it shutters in fifth before it shifts gives them impression that you mean shift into 6th gear.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:13 AM   #18

Quote:
You saying that it shutters in fifth before it shifts gives them impression that you mean shift into 6th gear.

Ok. I see what you mean. I should have put while in over drive the truck shudders between shifts.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Okay,. first I get a quote from a tranny shop for a repair. 2nd I pull one out of a junkyard. 3rd I buy a rebuild. 4th I buy new full price. Either way I fix it then figure out what I will do with it.
I think I'm going the route of buying a trans from Toyota . The truck is gonna be brand new by he time I'm done with it. Glad the motor is still strong. Just wish it was a quad cab.