1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD MAF Calibrator

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Siebler, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Nov 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    Siebler

Siebler [OP] Duck Killing Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    99 Long Travel 5 lug, 01 Tundra 4wd
    TC LT Front, F67 on 12" shackle, LCE Underdrive Pulley, Flex-a-lite fan, DT headers, Super 44 muffler, 4:11's and Aussie Locker, 22 Gallon Fuel Cell, Beard seats, sliders, bed cage
  2. Nov 28, 2012 at 10:47 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    These are mapped from URD for specific intakes, it would be helpful if you listed what set up this was intended to go on.

3. Nov 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    already have one, but you may want to find out what mapping was installed in the calibrator...

4. Nov 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    Siebler

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    TC LT Front, F67 on 12" shackle, LCE Underdrive Pulley, Flex-a-lite fan, DT headers, Super 44 muffler, 4:11's and Aussie Locker, 22 Gallon Fuel Cell, Beard seats, sliders, bed cage
    You actually map these according to your truck in order to get optimized results. Gadget will even email you the program needed (I have it somewhere in an email). Speedfreek can do it for you, It was always planned for him to do mine just other projects were always more important.

It came off of I think a 2rz that was boosted or it came off when he boosted. Dont remember been a long time.

5. Nov 28, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    GregLee98

GregLee98 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Cat-back Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator 3 inch Top Gunz Customz Lift Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar (275/75R/17) Tires Power Tailgate Lock linked to power door locks Back-up Sensors Bakflip F1 DIY Auto-dim Rearview Mirror Power Sliding Rear Window Mod by BenWA 4x4 Switch Light Mod 400W Inverter Anytime Mod 110V In Cab Mod with 25' Extension Cord Rear Differential Breather Relocation Mod Chirp on Lock Mod A/C Off with Defrost Mod Brighter Reverse Lights Mod Tailgate Theft Deterrence (Clamp) TRD Seat Covers Extra D-Rings in front of bed
    ^^I got my map from gadget. I have a TRD Cat-back exhaust and TRD Cold Air Intake.

6. Nov 28, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    Siebler

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    Yes if you have a truck that is exactly something Gadget has mapped he can send you the map but lets be honest, not everybody has that. He didnt have anything close for mine or the guy i bought from.

Point is you can get a pre-mapped program from him or you can Map it yourself for optimized results with the modifications you have to your motor. Therefor the current mapping on this unit doesnt make a bit of difference (I bet that nobody has the same modifications as what this was mapped for on the 2RZ or what I have).

7. Nov 28, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    05RedTaco

05RedTaco Nom Nom Nom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Scottsdale
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma XtraCab 2.7L 4x4
    Pre-mapped is stupid and unsafe. EVERY engine and EVERY truck is different. The only way how to tune such device is to take it to a shop and throw it on a dyno.

8. Nov 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    GregLee98

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Cat-back Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator 3 inch Top Gunz Customz Lift Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar (275/75R/17) Tires Power Tailgate Lock linked to power door locks Back-up Sensors Bakflip F1 DIY Auto-dim Rearview Mirror Power Sliding Rear Window Mod by BenWA 4x4 Switch Light Mod 400W Inverter Anytime Mod 110V In Cab Mod with 25' Extension Cord Rear Differential Breather Relocation Mod Chirp on Lock Mod A/C Off with Defrost Mod Brighter Reverse Lights Mod Tailgate Theft Deterrence (Clamp) TRD Seat Covers Extra D-Rings in front of bed
    Yes, OP. Just trying to help you out with the sale. Gadget has many mpas with different combinations of components that can help someone out. It does not matter what is on the MAF, you can change the map to your specs. I love mine.

05RedTaco, while your comment is true, the maps from Gadget are tuned by him with those vehicles. Will they need more tuning to be perfect? Maybe, maybe not. Depends on what your definintion of perfect is or what exactly you want. Gadget is a great dude and helpful at URD. He will help make sure you get the most of the MAF calibrator. It can be tuned with the right tools, not just a dyno.

9. Nov 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM
    Siebler

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    By posting what map is loaded it makes people think it is limited to use on that vehicle. I want folks to know that you can and should map your specific truck. When this was bought gadget only had maybe 2maps available. Back when 1st gens were king.

Anyway still for sale and ill accept offers. Clearing as much stuff as i can so i can get the heck out of California. Idaho bound asap....

10. Nov 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    GregLee98

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Lots of maps available out there. You just need to do some research and know what you are looking for.

GLWS, OP.

11. Dec 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM
    Siebler

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    100.00 takes it.

12. Dec 2, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    n0ms

n0ms Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    1st gen i4 single cab 4x4
    Celica seats, Icon in rear and front with icon ucas, omd leaf springs, deckplate mod, lce header, Tundra brake swap.
    This will work on my 1st gen Tacoma I4, just need to get it remapped right?
    I can pick up next on the 9th if I have enough after paying OMD.
    Located in San Diego near National City.

Products Discussed in

To Top