Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: TSB rear leaves

Old 01-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: TSB rear leaves

I've been scouring all corners of the internet for the past 3 months looking for a set of TSB leaf packs. Of course to no avail. A few sellers here on TW, but I haven't gotten any responses back.

So if you've got a set clogging up your garage, name your price. Local would be best, since I know these are heavy but I'd be willing to pay a bit more for shipping. Hell, if you've got a set on your truck and are planning to sell or trade soon, I'll trade you plus a bit of cash to sweeten the deal. The appraiser idn't gonna know!

and before anyone jumps on me about wanting to pay for something that I can get for free, let me say that I have had it dealing with toyota and the dealerships trying to get the TSB performed. toyota corporate told me straight up I was SOL. this is my first toyota, and I absolutely love it, but I would NEVER buy new from them after my experiences trying to get the TSB performed under warranty. I use my truck for towing, but I do not want to lift so as I see it this is the best option.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
is it due to mileage that ur not eligible? anyways, u'd be better off spending the $80 on a 1.5" pro comp AAL to get the sme effect. shipping leafs and the cost alone will be a ripoff
Old 01-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the truck in late November with 34.6k miles. Well within warranty I visited two dealerships with usual complaints. The first did nothing, the second replaced the rear shocks with the same units (not the 5100's). The parts weren't installed by the dealer until after I was a few hundred miles out of warranty. I called toyota customer service, and was told that the dealerships are not obliged to perform TSB's, even if the customers complaints match exactly. I have an eligible year and model, and reported my concern clearly but they wouldn't budge. The CSR at toyota said it was unlikely any dealership would do anything about it now that I was out of warranty. I just don't have the time to spend hours waiting at a dealership only to be told there is no problem.

But yes, the problem is with bottoming out with anything more than a moderate load. I already picked up a set of 5100's for real cheap. I've looked into AAL's but the consensus seems to be that they will stiffen the ride in the rear. Will they stiffen it more than the OEM 4 leaf packs will? I'd like to stay OEM, but those timbrens do look interesting.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
I just had the new 4 leaf TSB replacement springs that were installed two weeks ago but im looking to replace them with a set of Deavers. I have a customer who's interested but if he falls thru - they are up for grabs! Im giving him till thurs....
Old 01-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
I just had the new 4 leaf TSB replacement springs that were installed two weeks ago but im looking to replace them with a set of Deavers. I have a customer who's interested but if he falls thru - they are up for grabs! Im giving him till thurs....
if this guy decides not to i would be looking into buying them...lmk!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:58 AM   #6
Swollen Member

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
I think shipping coast to coast would be a killer, but let me know if it falls through.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
if this guy decides not to i would be looking into buying them...lmk!
i'm not 100%, but i dont think they will work on ur truck w/o modification
Old 01-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i'm not 100%, but i dont think they will work on ur truck w/o modification
they will

i'm using them to lower the truck...pre-runner/4x4 leafs have less of an arch than the 5 lug ones...and if i mount the axle above the leafs it should provide for a solid 2" drop in the back as well as increased load capacity, esp if i can get my hands on these TSB 4 leaf packs
Old 01-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
they will

i'm using them to lower the truck...pre-runner/4x4 leafs have less of an arch than the 5 lug ones...and if i mount the axle above the leafs it should provide for a solid 2" drop in the back as well as increased load capacity, esp if i can get my hands on these TSB 4 leaf packs
damn...did not know that one....sounds like a good deal to get the drop and the load capacity