Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

2008 TacoXcab Bed liner - Black -$300 OBO

Old 01-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
Chuck Norisette
Lysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to all

Lysmachia's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia
2008 TacoXcab Bed liner - Black -$300 OBO

Hey gang...

My sister is selling her black COMPOSITE bed liner from her 08 Taco. (She had to sell the 08 Taco too )

She is asking $300 OBO. (Heck make me an offer!) Must pick up in Front range colorado!

This is the cute sister too!

Here is more info.

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/1004957778.html
Old 01-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Her What? I'm sorry
Old 01-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrn2taco View Post
Her What? I'm sorry
yeah...........im kinda like....did she yank the whole composite bed outta the truck??
Old 01-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
What do you mean "bed liner"? Who puts a liner over a composite bed? I thought the whole point of a composite bed was to eliminate the need of a bed liner to prevent rust, dents, and scratched paint....

Do you mean the rubber bed mat?

Edit:
After looking closer at the craigslist posting I'm even more confused! Is she trying to sell an 08 Tacoma without the bed? That's seriously fucked up if they went to all the trouble to get the composite off to sell separately if it has to go back on the truck.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
What do you mean "bed liner"? Who puts a liner over a composite bed? I thought the whole point of a composite bed was to eliminate the need of a bed liner to prevent rust, dents, and scratched paint....

Do you mean the rubber bed mat?
check the link man.....its the whole freekin thing!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Didn't see the link
Old 01-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Didn't see the link
its under her sig.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!

Under what circumstance would someone have one to sell?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
Chuck Norisette
Lysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to allLysmachia is a name known to all

Quote:
Under what circumstance would someone have one to sell?
My bad, the composite liner. Fixed for ya.

Here is the story about it: (BTW I convinced her $1200 was a stupid price and told her to price is at $300)

Re posted on behalf of Travelinjules (Julie) my sister

I purchased a 2008 Black TRD Toyota Tacoma access cab in January. The hard shell molded plastic bed liner and tailgate is now for sale.

Here's the deal. I had a shell topper and it flew off my truck. My insurance covered both the topper and was also willing to replace the entire bed liner. The liner is brand new and has only one dink in it about the size of a dime. It is black. Because my insurance replaced it, I now have this "old" liner for sale. It is hard molded plastic and will fit 2005-2008 access cab Toyota Tacoma. The liner is black and will look good in any color truck.

Below I have posted the stock price Toyota charges for this liner. Also pictures of the liner and tailgate.

I am asking $1200 (Toyota wants $1430) for the liner and will go lower if you can pick it up. I live in downtown Denver, otherwise I could deliver it. Please let me know if you are interested!!!

Julie

(Number deleted ya TW leg humpers )
Old 01-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #10
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
hmm..how does a shell fly off the truck?

anyways, TW now has your sisters #..lol
Old 01-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
My bad, the composite liner. Fixed for ya.

Here is the story about it: (BTW I convinced her $1200 was a stupid price and told her to price is at $300)

Re posted on behalf of Travelinjules (Julie) my sister

I purchased a 2008 Black TRD Toyota Tacoma access cab in January. The hard shell molded plastic bed liner and tailgate is now for sale.

Here's the deal. I had a shell topper and it flew off my truck. My insurance covered both the topper and was also willing to replace the entire bed liner. The liner is brand new and has only one dink in it about the size of a dime. It is black. Because my insurance replaced it, I now have this "old" liner for sale. It is hard molded plastic and will fit 2005-2008 access cab Toyota Tacoma. The liner is black and will look good in any color truck.

Below I have posted the stock price Toyota charges for this liner. Also pictures of the liner and tailgate.

I am asking $1200 (Toyota wants $1430) for the liner and will go lower if you can pick it up. I live in downtown Denver, otherwise I could deliver it. Please let me know if you are interested!!!

Julie
4 zero 8. 4 nine 7. 4423
hmm......whats under the composite?? i was under the impression it was the actual bed, and the supports were under that.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:48 PM   #12
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The ONLY person this would be useful for is someone with a cracked/damaged bed not covered under warranty or insurance. Seriously. This isn't something you're just cgonna "drop in" a new tacoma for extra protection. That would be like getting a Ford ranger, buying another box, and welding the 2 together.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
So is it 300 or 1200.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #14
Chuck Norisette

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
hmm..how does a shell fly off the truck?

anyways, TW now has your sisters #..lol
LOL. The shell was actually taken off and packed sideways next to a PIANO she was moving. The shell flew and made the ding in the bed liner.

(I have since schooled her in the use of ratchet straps and bought her a set!!)

And who cares if ya have her number. We hate her current boyfriend anyway! (But I better take it down just in case some leg humper gets a hold of it!)
Old 01-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #15
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
check the link man.....its the whole freekin thing!!!
Didn't see the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
hmm......whats under the composite?? i was under the impression it was the actual bed, and the supports were under that.
Answer: NOTHING! The only thing under the composite is the frame it's bolted too, drive shaft, axle, fuel tank, etc. The composite has ribs molded into it for strength and that's it. The only other metal reinforcing the bed is in the tie down rails.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #16
Chuck Norisette

Quote:
The ONLY person this would be useful for is someone with a cracked/damaged bed not covered under warranty or insurance. Seriously. This isn't something you're just cgonna "drop in" a new tacoma for extra protection. That would be like getting a Ford ranger, buying another box, and welding the 2 together.
I know but maybe there is someone out there who needs it. I dunno, I am just trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
So is it 300 or 1200.
$300 OBO. Because as the above post says, it's not like folks are dying to have one of these....

And for the record, this is the best feedback I've had about this issue. I didn't know 2nd gen Taco's always come with these. Good to know! Thanks for the heads up guys!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #17
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
LOL. The shell was actually taken off and packed sideways next to a PIANO she was moving. The shell flew and made the ding in the bed liner.

(I have since schooled her in the use of ratchet straps and bought her a set!!)

And who cares if ya have her number. We hate her current boyfriend anyway! (But I better take it down just in case some leg humper gets a hold of it!)

Im not a leg humper, but im always up for chatting
Old 01-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #18
Devout Atheist

Quote:
I know but maybe there is someone out there who needs it. I dunno, I am just trying
Yeah, you might get a hit... I've heard about 3 cases of the bed cracking so far (this being the 3rd). I'm just saying don't expect much. It's like buying a fiberglass box the size of your truck bed then figuring out what to do with it.

Quote:
$300 OBO. Because as the above post says, it's not like folks are dying to have one of these....

And for the record, this is the best feedback I've had about this issue. I didn't know 2nd gen Taco's always come with these. Good to know! Thanks for the heads up guys!
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I bought this truck! The bed will never rot out!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #19

Quote:

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I bought this truck! The bed will never rot out!
i cant wait til i take this pisa shit plastic liner outta my 04 and get the bed line-x'd. i know the bed of my truck is rusty as hell.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #20
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!

You never know though. Maybe someone else damaged there bed by loading a piano and a sideways truck cap and now needs a new one. It happens more than you think.