Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Feeler... Amsteel Winch Line

Old 12-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Feeler... Amsteel Winch Line

I may have a line on bulk quantities of Samson Amsteel Blue synthetic winch line...

Trying to gauge interest in winch line setups, winch extensions and pull ropes.

In order to qualify for bulk pricing, I'd need to order a 600 foot spool of line, which in turn would require confirmed orders and deposits from everyone interested.

For those unfamiliar with Amsteel:

http://www.samsonrope.com/index.cfm?rope=192

I could provide Stainless Thimbles Such as this:

Or this:

Or my personal favorite:

Here are a couple of my splices:

I prefer the "Tuck and Bury" splice over the simple "Eye" splice. Many major manufacturers use the "Eye" splice because it is fast. Both splices are maintain from 90% to 100% of new rope strength; but, I feel as though the "Tuck and Bury" is a much, much more secure splice.

At this point, this is mostly a feeler; I can pretty much splice this line in my sleep and it would be great to hook some fellow TW'ers up with a great deal on SYNTHETIC winch line. Not trying to compete with MasterPull or Viking, just something that I enjoy doing.

Thanks

Jake
Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
The black one is the same as WARN uses too.

I like the darker line vs any of the other colors personally, but of course the lighter colors are better\.

Just picked up 100' of the synth from warn for $200. Not even 12hrs ago.

I took the hook off, sanded and painted black to match the hardware.
Oh well, bad timing on my part I guess..

I like the orange for it's high-visibility factor - plus it's hidden away in my ARB 90% of the time as well.

What size line? I could probably do a little better than that with 3/8 Amsteel.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
tom84ford is on a distinguished road
tom84ford's Tacoma Gallery
Price on 160 feet to 93555 no thimble,
can be a 100 ft and a 60 ft length.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty interested! A 100'er should do the trick for me, maybe even 150 if its possible...
Old 12-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested in 150' of 3/8 of line and a few thimbles....I want to do my own splicing...
Old 12-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
I would be interested in 150' of 3/8 of line and a few thimbles....I want to do my own splicing...
Roger, well... The best pricing that I can find available to me at the moment would be $1.75/Foot for 3/8". May be able to get that down to $1.52, although that might only happen if I order a 600 Foot spool, which isn't going to happen.

Not trying to compete with Warn or MasterPull (which is an awesome bunch of people BTW), just trying to hook some fellow TWers up. I can get a slightly better price on line through a few friends in the commerical fishing industry..

IIRC the "Heavy Duty SS Thimbles" are about $7.00, and the "Gusseted Tube Thimbles" are $16.

Jake
Old 12-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I'm picking up one of the Factor 55 Prolink's. Might want to contact them and resell them too.

http://www.factor55.com/

I would venture into the reseller area, funds are limited...
Old 12-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I'm picking up one of the Factor 55 Prolink's. Might want to contact them and resell them too.

http://www.factor55.com/

I would venture into the reseller area, funds are limited...
Now those are purdy!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
Mikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
Mikehole's Tacoma Gallery
I'd express interest for another 100' of rope.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:20 AM   #10
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Mike got these pics to me. ---XXL___ Prolink____ XTV------

Old 12-27-2012, 05:15 AM   #11

Well...

Might be able to make that 600 foot spool actually happen!

This is just preliminary:

Tom84ford - 160 feet
YFZ450Moe - 100 feet
SlimwoodShady - 150 feet

We're up to 410 feet so far... If we can get enough orders to make a 600 foot spool happen, that price will drop to $1.52/Foot. But, keep in mind that everyone will have to go with the same color, since all the line is on one spool.

I'm visiting family at the moment, and will be back in WA on the 3rd.

Thanks all
Old 12-27-2012, 05:18 AM   #12
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I want my line to be hot pink camo or I am out...lol. Function over form, I could care less about the color
Old 12-27-2012, 05:30 AM   #13

Quote:
I want my line to be hot pink camo or I am out...lol. Function over form, I could care less about the color
Hahaha! You'd be amazed..

I'll color match your thimble bright red too, so everyone knows you've got synthetic winch line!! Plus, bright winch line automatically adds 10 HP.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #14
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
Hahaha! You'd be amazed..

I'll color match your thimble bright red too, so everyone knows you've got synthetic winch line!! Plus, bright winch line automatically adds 10 HP.
lol, I just 85' orange line from southeast overland for Christmas.....I just want it for winch extension, soft shackles, and other crap like that....
Old 12-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #15
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
I'm working on a group buy for the factory 55 pro links.. Any interest from people? Flat price, shipping included to CONUS. probably 15 or 20 bucks cheaper than factory 55 direct... With shipping included? It'll be for the loaded ones, so titanium pin, and rubber stopper and I think I should be able to get choice of one of the available colosr.. For those that are so minded
Old 12-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and I'm in Virginia/ Maryland. I'd be interested in 85' of 3/8ths
Old 12-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #17
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedRonin View Post
I'm working on a group buy for the factory 55 pro links.. Any interest from people? Flat price, shipping included to CONUS. probably 15 or 20 bucks cheaper than factory 55 direct... With shipping included? It'll be for the loaded ones, so titanium pin, and rubber stopper and I think I should be able to get choice of one of the available colosr.. For those that are so minded
def interested!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #18

Okay guys... Best price I can get is $1.50/foot. Not going to find genuine Amsteel anywhere else at this price.

All line will fit in a large flat rate box, IIRC is $15 to anywhere in CONUS.

Lets make this happen!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #20

Quote:
When is the money needed?
No rush on anything.. I'm in Rhode Island until the 3rd of January. I may also be able to get some better pricing on thimbles as well, I'll update everyone once I'm back in Washington.

I think a prudent way to go about the monies would be half of the total when the rope is ordered and remainder + shipping when it's shipped out to you. Basically, this is an item that my supplier doesn't regularly stock and will be special order. Yes, Amsteel is awesome, but I also don't want to be stuck with a 600 foot spool and have people back out at the last minute.

This is my first time doing this; so any suggestions/comments our complaints are totally welcome.

Looking forward to making this happen!