Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Feeler: Hand made side Mirror Lights!

Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #41
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Brilliant idea! Talk about thinking out of the box!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #42
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Dude that's brilliant! I've got 2nd gen powered mirrors but I'd be down for these if they'd fit. Did you ever get a test dummy?
Thanks! Yea they are awesome. Best trail lights ever. I use them more then any other light on my rig...and I have..a lot haha

I never found a test dummy for them the thing with 2nd gen mirrors is they don't move so I'd have to play a bit with the mounting plus not hitting the internals.

I'm getting a bit more interest in these now so might try and make a set if someone want em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
I'm waiting for Monte to come back from Alaska, that's the first thing on my honey-do list for him.

Heck ya man should have yours done before my big trip and in the mail.

Or did you want me to wire them too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Wow! Brilliant idea! Talk about thinking out of the box!
Thanks! They are great!!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #44
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Who wants to be a prototyper and let me make them a set with these bad boys

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ducts_id=31620

should be brighter and reach farther.
I have an extra set of 98-00 side mirrors... one with broken glass already too.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #46
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
I will be back in the 307 in January with second gen mirrors you could use. I will be in laramie.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #48
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested in a set that maybe used amber lights that arnt so bright so I could use them during normal driving. And I could double them as turn signals
Old 12-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #50
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yea those are Jons old ones yes?

think im supposed to grab those right?

So i could make some for someone and they don't have to ship me their mirrors. All you need to do is pay for the lights..
No, these are ones I bought to add heating elements to.

I smell an arrangement forming here....
Old 12-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #52

Quote:
ooooohhhhhhh

gotcha..heating element?

Id Jon bring his other set of mirrors?...maybe he didn't have another set..whatever.
Yeah man, I don't think he left any mirrors, but then again I loss track of all the stuff he unloads from his car.

He literally fills up half my garage and half my driveway with parts. His car is so tiny too... it's like a clown car in the circus, stuff defies all physics and just keeps pouring out.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #54

Quote:

freaking Jon..haha

Well..what are these heating elements? you haven't installed yet?
Man, for a young dude your memory sucks.

We posted about this - when I asked you where/how you ran the wire from the mirror housing to the interior.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-mirrors.html

I want to add those motorcycle grip heaters to the backside of my glass.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #55
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Man, for a young dude your memory sucks.

We posted about this - when I asked you where/how you ran the wire from the mirror housing to the interior.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-mirrors.html

I want to add those motorcycle grip heaters to the backside of my glass.

ahhh yes. And hey man..i do a lot of handing out of info..sorry...haha

and those would be easy to mount to 95-00 mirrors. But i remember you didn't like how i route the wire out and wanted to do it through the joint itself..which..would not be fun..
Old 12-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #56
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
NICE!

i have been dying to get a hold of some.

when? ill be through laramine like the 11th..
I should be out there either the first week or early the second week. Do you need an actual extra set or are the ones that are currently on there enough?
Old 12-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #57

Quote:
ahhh yes. And hey man..i do a lot of handing out of info..sorry...haha

and those would be easy to mount to 95-00 mirrors. But i remember you didn't like how i route the wire out and wanted to do it through the joint itself..which..would not be fun..
It's not that I didn't like it, I just thought that's how I'd have to do it (through the joint and through the outside of the outer sail panel).

I don't mind the wire(s) coming out of the mirror ever so slightly then making their way into the outer sail panel.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #58
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, would be sweet if you could add a wheel angle sensor so they come one when you start to turn, or when you turn on your blinker.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #59
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
I should be out there either the first week or early the second week. Do you need an actual extra set or are the ones that are currently on there enough?
Well ill be hiting the road back to St. Louis the 11th..so hopefully before then..

and what do you mean? you mean like the mirrors you actually have on the truck? well..how long can you go without mirrors..haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
It's not that I didn't like it, I just thought that's how I'd have to do it (through the joint and through the outside of the outer sail panel).

I don't mind the wire(s) coming out of the mirror ever so slightly then making their way into the outer sail panel.
oh..well then.

What are you waiting for? haha
Old 12-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #60
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreidTaco View Post
Damn, would be sweet if you could add a wheel angle sensor so they come one when you start to turn, or when you turn on your blinker.

yea someone else asked about that..but really..not needed..not on mine anyways. The flood wide enough that ive never wanted them to move with the wheel..

would be easy to tap into you blinkers.