Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Feeler: Hand made side Mirror Lights!

Old 12-24-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Feeler: Hand made side Mirror Lights!

So i have had a few people say i should try and make these for some people.

These are stock toyota side mirrors with Blitzpro 6lz LED bars in them. they work AWESOME for fill that forward void of no light just off the side. Think of where you look when you go to turn a corner in your truck. These lights shine right there about i have found. Granted this will change a tad depending on how you set the mirrors.

But thats another great thing about them..adjustablity at night. YOu can move them to where you want the light. You will retain 100% mobilty of the mirror with the light in them.

here are some night shots. Im planning on getting more.

off..

on

they really help widen your veiw angle. Plus you can just fold them in and have a nice camp setup light

So i curious to see if anyone would be willing to wait and pay for a set of these. Sadly..NOT going to be cheap. parts alone will run 100 bucks or so for a set of mirrors, the lights and wiring.

so what you'll get.

-new mirrors that just bolt right up like stock
-Blitzpro 6lz LED bars mounted inside them
-wires running off lights to get inside the cab with disconnects in case the door ever has to come off.

So over all price you ask?

i looking for 200-250 depending with a 4-6 week build time. Im a student and all these will be cut by hand till jigs can be made if enough interest.

If your intersted please let me know and ill see about really stepping up to make these.

as of now..1st gens only! I haven't had the chance to cut into some 2nd gen mirrors yet However i am 100% confident i can make some from the manual mirrors. The power mirrors..im not sure if the light will fit. I might come up with another light to mount in there.

Or if you want to say screw you man thats too much ill do it myself! Here is a bit of a write up.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...or-lights.html

I take pride in doing things myself and i do NOT cut corners. All wiring is done at a profestional level and all products will be professionally done. If i won't put it on my rig..I will not let it go on yours!

cheers

see how this does..
Old 12-24-2012, 01:54 AM   #2
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested in some
Old 12-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Fully have to have. INTERESTED
Old 12-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
losers101 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandan
losers101's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested in a set
Old 12-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, however I wonder if that will get the police pulling me over at night over here in California.

They look really bright, do they function as blinkers? Or just as LED lights?
Old 12-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
santabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant future

Name: jordan
santabarbarataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ms View Post
Nice, however I wonder if that will get the police pulling me over at night over here in California.

You shouldn't drive around with these on...
Old 12-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk1589 View Post
Fully have to have. INTERESTED
Very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losers101 View Post
I'd be interested in a set
That makes 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ms View Post

Just LED bars. But you could wire them as just blinkers too. Just tap into the relay.

They are pretty bright, but not killer bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santabarbarataco View Post
You shouldn't drive around with these on...
I do sometimes. Not a ton but haven't been pulled over yet. Yet is the key word haha

But yes, drive at your own risk. Not sure I'd drive all the time with them in. I guess I use them like high beams sorta. Only use em when I need them. So corners or if I'm wheeling or looking for something.

So I have 2 sets of 95-00 style mirrors and 1 01-04.

That's another thing. D people want their style mirrors? Or the smaller ones vs larger ones??
Old 12-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #11
santabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant future

That would make sense, just using them like highs.
Oh and I would be interested in these, just don't have money right now, maybe after I'm done with the lt (if there's ever a time it ends :P )
Old 12-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Yea cost is kinda high him talking with Blitzpro to see if I can get lights at a discount t. Then I will also offer the option of the mirrors with new glass installed or you find your own glass to put in and those will also be cheaper.

Mirror size could also dictate cost.

Ill come up with a more official cost options later tonight or maybe tomorrow.
Sounds good, ill lurk this thread for updates
Old 12-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #14
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Cost isn't a issue I WANT THESE
Old 12-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #16
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that's bad ass man props
Old 12-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #17
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
$250 ! Wow , it would look like popo was behind me with them on.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #20
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Thanks man! Like your swap you did too!
Lol thanks, but yours would be super functional for offloading like smaller spot lights and they're out of the way too...giving me an idea lol