Just getting a feeler out. Have a winch? Either synthetic or steel cable, these will work for up to 3/8ths line. Made to fit tight and use a 3/4 shackle instead of the slip hook that normally comes on winch line. The group buy would be for the "loaded" version, meaning coming with the titanium pin and the rubber baseplate cover. Will work with either roller or hawse fairleads.
Here are some pictures of the ProLink.
Here are the different colors you can get
There is also a grey one that is pictured here (just cause its the color I want)
The advantages of winching with a Prolink and a screw pin shackle over a conventional winch hook are many :
1. Screw pin shackles are up to 5X stronger than conventional winch hooks
2. Conventional hooks are too small to safely fit both ends of a recovery strap
3. Recover straps cannot slip out of a shackle like they can with hooks
4. Hook safety latches are not rated for loads and can tear recovery straps
5. Conventional hook surfaces add higher stresses to recovery strap fibers, resulting in decreased strap ratings
6. Shackles can be quickly removed and stowed away until needed for winching.
7. Hooks do not cinch neatly against fairleads and are prone to rattling and loosening
8. Conventional winch hooks are designed for chains – not commonly used recovery straps
9. Engineered, Tested, and Made in USA — Patent Pending
10. Stress analyzed using COSMOS FEA and destructively tested for confirmation
11. Billet construction — precision machined from 6061-T6 Kaiser Aluminum round bar
12. 16,000 pound max load rating
13. Fits all steel cables and synthetic ropes up to 3/8" in diameter
14. Fits eyes equipped with standard or tube thimbles to 3/8 inch diameters
15. 1.2 inch shackle tab thickness virtually eliminates "shackle rattle"
16. Optional Massive 5/8 inch diameter 6Al-4V Titanium double shear pin
17. Optional EPDM "Rubber Guard" protects alloy Hawse fairleads — rubber barb attachment
18. Can be installed and removed in minutes — simple snap ring removal
19. Cinches neatly against all types of fairleads — Hawse or Roller
I'm aiming for 135.00 shipped to anywhere CONUS
I need 10 people for the group buy to get the price.
1. Slimwood Shady