Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

HD DVR Vehicle Dash Cams

Old 01-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #22
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
Definitely a good thing to have in any vehicle!

I put a 1080p dash cam (not one of these, but I paid a little more for mine because I wanted it specifically) in my truck after having it about 2 weeks. We've got some stupid driver's around here, and although the last thing I want is an accident, I'm almost waiting for the day that I can use it to catch someone who's trying to pull some fraud crap on me and saying something was my fault when they were to blame, lol

http://youtu.be/a5EDAooWla0

Good to see you on here, dude!

Fink
Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #23
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
Good to see you on here, dude!

Fink
The bleeder-dude is everywhere Cool to see you on here as well!
Old 01-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #24
Rames is on a distinguished road
Name: James
Rames's Tacoma Gallery
What type of 32gb SD card are you selling with it? Transcend SanDisk Kingston/ what class? I might look around to see if I can find some of my old SD cards. Im in for one, so bring it by when we go wheeling this sunday?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #25
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rames View Post
What type of 32gb SD card are you selling with it? Transcend SanDisk Kingston/ what class? I might look around to see if I can find some of my old SD cards. Im in for one, so bring it by when we go wheeling this sunday?
I'll bring one and a memory card so you can check it out.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:18 AM   #26
Macaroni Connoisseur
JCVorndran is on a distinguished road
Name: Jonathan
JCVorndran's Tacoma Gallery
Interested but wondering if there is another way to mount this other than the suction cup? And I assume the memory card is just an SD card, is that correct?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:31 AM   #27
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
Definitely a good thing to have in any vehicle!

I put a 1080p dash cam (not one of these, but I paid a little more for mine because I wanted it specifically) in my truck after having it about 2 weeks. We've got some stupid driver's around here, and although the last thing I want is an accident, I'm almost waiting for the day that I can use it to catch someone who's trying to pull some fraud crap on me and saying something was my fault when they were to blame, lol

http://youtu.be/a5EDAooWla0

This is exactly why I've been looking for something for my truck.
Edit: OP sent you a PM. I forgot to ask about the SD card specs. Class 10 or higher? Min read/write speeds? Thanks!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #28
BigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud of
Navy: SATCOM
Name: Scott
BigRedFitz's Tacoma Gallery
Can you name the manufacturer? Also, does it power up and automatically begin recording when the truck is started? Thanks.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #29
Phil5393 has a spectacular aura aboutPhil5393 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Phil
Phil5393's Tacoma Gallery
Any pictures of it mounted on the windshield?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #30
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCVorndran View Post
Interested but wondering if there is another way to mount this other than the suction cup? And I assume the memory card is just an SD card, is that correct?
The unit has a threaded hole in it like cameras use. So you could use any type of camera mount with the threaded thumb screw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
This is exactly why I've been looking for something for my truck.
Edit: OP sent you a PM. I forgot to ask about the SD card specs. Class 10 or higher? Min read/write speeds? Thanks!
Class 10 32g SD. Not sure on the speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedFitz View Post
Can you name the manufacturer? Also, does it power up and automatically begin recording when the truck is started? Thanks.
There's no MFG name really, just says HD DVR. I have mine plugged into the 12v socket and it comes on with the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil5393 View Post
Any pictures of it mounted on the windshield?
will take a picture of mine and post it.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #31
BigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud ofBigRedFitz has much to be proud of
Navy: SATCOM
Name: Scott
BigRedFitz's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the prompt responses! Does it come on in record mode, or do you have to hit the record button each time you start up the truck?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #32
Bosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Bosworth5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedFitz View Post
Thanks for the prompt responses! Does it come on in record mode, or do you have to hit the record button each time you start up the truck?
Quote:
Having a device that can record automatically every time you get in your vehicle, you can simply set it up once and let it do its job. It has the ability to time-stamp the video footage, and eliminates the liars WHEN something goes wrong.
From the OP. It records on a loop. So if something happens you take out the SD card and you have the previous 5 hours recorded. Anything before 5 hours is erased and recorded over. We use these(different system) in my companies ambulances, they work great for incidents.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosworth5 View Post
From the OP. It records on a loop. So if something happens you take out the SD card and you have the previous 5 hours recorded. Anything before 5 hours is erased and recorded over. We use these(different system) in my companies ambulances, they work great for incidents.
Correct!

Here's the mounted pic, I tucked the wire into the headliner.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #34
Domreis is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Domreis's Tacoma Gallery
This has previously been asked, but I didn't see a defenative answer.

Does it auto turn on and auto record once the truck is started?

Thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domreis View Post
This has previously been asked, but I didn't see a defenative answer.

Does it auto turn on and auto record once the truck is started?

Thanks
If you plug it into the 12v plug, yes.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #36
Bosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Bosworth5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
If you plug it into the 12v plug, yes.
Im sure you could wire it such the same way as a radar detecter and hard wire it into the truck. Im sure they make some sort of mount made for a radar detector that fits to the mirror and make it work with this application.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #37
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Do these record until card is full, then record back over if nothing was time stamped?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #38
Baoser is on a distinguished road
Name: George
Baoser's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Baoser
Yes the units record on Loop, so once the card is full it goes back to the earliest videos and overwrites them in order.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #39
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I need one! Emptying my gopro every 3 days is getting old!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
I need one! Emptying my gopro every 3 days is getting old!
yeah and as you can see in the picture it's more low profile. I wouldn't want to leave my go pro in the car, well not in oakland for sure. These also record with time/date stamp so it can be better to identify when something has happened. hopefully you never need to.