Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

HD DVR Vehicle Dash Cams

Old 04-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #141
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I need to come up with a weatherproof setup to use on my motorcycle...
Old 04-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #142
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

packfan88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznor88 View Post
Looks like I need to come up with a weatherproof setup to use on my motorcycle...

Depnds on if you ride in the elements or not :-)

Id like one mounted either on the back looking back and front looking front or maybe one front and one at spedo so i can post vids of me hitting high speeds. that way i can impress people i'll never meet and maybe get myself arrested. ...maybe helmet cam ...dunno

But id like one for my tacoma dash and one for my commuter dodge neon dash. then if i do somethign cool liek go in the woods i can take the neon cam and mount it to show suspension travel or something.

OP...whats the word? are these available? shoot me a PM about me buying a few of them.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #143
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guys havent been on a whole lot. Slowly responding to pms and such.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #144
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Aight so i finally installed this thing and my buddy has a 64g class 10 card that he uses in his camera so i figured id check out the recording quality of the camera until i got an sd card. Apparently a 64g will not work at all in this thing. I push in the sd card with the camera off and hit the power button and it shows the start up screen then shuts back off. I push in the sd card with the camera on and it immediately shuts the camera off. I went and got a 32g class 10 card and the camera works completely fine with this card in. Externally the cards are the same in size and the 64g fits the camera the same. So why wont a 64g work in this camera?
Unfortunately i believe its an issue with software.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by packfan88 View Post
How is the microphone on this? Can you add a corded mic to get exhaust sounds while the unit is in car? Or on my motorocycle to hide it behind the windscreen to sheild some wind noise.

do you offer a deal if one buyer buys more than one? I have 3 vehicles and would put two on my motorcycle.

Can this record straight to a lap top via the USB?
Im not sure how good the mic is with outside noise as its always inside my truck. It does pickup a lot of noises from outside. Currently no external mic jack.

I can offer a deal on shipping for multiple units.

Have not tried recording with this unit connected to a laptop.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #146
itsboosting is on a distinguished road
itsboosting's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz6g7kpMrO0

just recorded this the other night on the way home.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #147
Redeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jeff
Redeemed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsboosting View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz6g7kpMrO0

just recorded this the other night on the way home.
Yikes! He didn't appear to be paying the least bit attention.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #148

**UPDATE**

You can purchase these directly from my friends webstore:

http://dvryourcar.bigcartel.com/
Old 07-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #149
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
**UPDATE**

You can purchase these directly from my friends webstore:

http://dvryourcar.bigcartel.com/
Thanks for getting back to my PM so quickly. Order has been placed
Old 07-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #150
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Can you turn off the microphone so it doesn't record me singing along with the radio and/or dog-cussing another car right before a crash?
Old 07-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #151
Baoser is on a distinguished road
Name: George
Baoser's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Baoser
Yes, you can disable the microphone. I did for hte exact same reason...haha
Old 07-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12DblCab View Post
Can you turn off the microphone so it doesn't record me singing along with the radio and/or dog-cussing another car right before a crash?
lol yes.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #153
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Thanks for getting back to my PM so quickly. Order has been placed
Just received the dash cam. Quick delivery too! Looking forward to setting it up this weekend and testing it out
Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #154
Look away, I'm hideous!

Would anyone know why my fm radio reception goes to crap when i plug the cam in? I tried both power outlets and it does that on both. I will try it in the wifes car this weekend. My gps and phone chargers dont do this by the way...
Old 07-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #155
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Would anyone know why my fm radio reception goes to crap when i plug the cam in? I tried both power outlets and it does that on both. I will try it in the wifes car this weekend. My gps and phone chargers dont do this by the way...
Kramer, are you using the original charger?
Old 07-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #156
Look away, I'm hideous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
Kramer, are you using the original charger?
Yep. Just got the system last week and set up this weekend. When i plug it in my radio goes static. As soon as i unplug its fine again. All of my stations are like that. I need to try it in another car but my wife isnt off till the weekend.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #157
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks, some chargers have some bad issues with emitting RF. You can try to add some foil shielding on the inside of the charger, or simply use another one.

I experienced the same RF emissions issue when using a Scosche Dual 2-Ah USB Socket Charger. I really like AT&T's dual USB Charger, but they're excessively priced @ $17.50 for both USB socket and a Mini USB connector.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #158
Look away, I'm hideous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
That sucks, some chargers have some bad issues with emitting RF. You can try to add some foil shielding on the inside of the charger, or simply use another one.

I experienced the same RF emissions issue when using a Scosche Dual 2-Ah USB Socket Charger. I really like AT&T's dual USB Charger, but they're excessively priced @ $17.50 for both USB socket and a Mini USB connector.
Ok ill give that a try thanks. Ill also email the company and see if maybe i can try swapping charging cables.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #159

hmm strange, haven't had that issue with mine. Aftermarket HU? or OE?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:21 AM   #160
Look away, I'm hideous!

It's all OE sound system. Only thing different is I have a shorter antenna. I don't know why that would cause issues though
I'll see what I can figure out this weekend and will be sure to post back to let you know.