Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

HD DVR Vehicle Dash Cams

Old 01-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
HD DVR Vehicle Dash Cams

**UPDATE**

You can purchase these directly from my friends webstore:

http://dvryourcar.bigcartel.com/

Quote:
To answer some questions:
-Audio Can be turned off, so it will record Video ONLY
-Recorded time can be set by intervals
-Motion Detection can be turned on or off.
Quote:
Ever been on the road and witnessed an accident right in front of your eyes?

Worst case, ever been in an accident where you’re clearly in the right, but the other party swears in the name of Jesus you were the one that ran the red. Or you were the one that slid into their lane? A lot of drivers nowadays have the ability to record what happens AFTER a scene of accident. But what does that prove? Absolutely nothing that’s relevant to who caused the accident.

Having a device that can record automatically every time you get in your vehicle, you can simply set it up once and let it do its job. It has the ability to time-stamp the video footage, and eliminates the liars WHEN something goes wrong.
These are HD 720P resolution units, with a much better processor chip. Can use up to a 32gb SD card (highly recommend a class 6 or higher).

Brief description of the units:
· HD 720P resolution
· Mini-HDMI output to playback on tv sets (many replica units do not have this)
· records audio, very clear inside the vehicle
· Night time, 6IR LEDs with photocell technology for nigh vision (most replica units do not have this)
· rotating screen to adjust to driver's angle for viewing what's being recorded.
· has removable battery that allows for ~1 hour of operation without the need to be plugged in.
· revised windshield mount to provide a stealthier install.

Link to video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvkxAyvIxkU

REVIEW:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedFitz View Post
I sent payment last Thursday and received the camera yesterday! Very prompt service. The unit is well packaged. With the screen closed, the camera is roughly the size of my radar detector. (I may try to piggyback them to use a single mount...) The battery had 3/4 charge upon delivery, so I was able to fire it up immediately. The default menu language is English. It's simple enough to navigate and configure without the instructions, but there is a manual included. You can turn the sound on/off- default is on, so you hear the beeps when you push buttons, etc. I turned them off. You can also choose whether or not to record sound. I left it on. It will take up to a 32GB sd card. While waiting for my class 10 32GB card to arrive today, I used a class 2 2GB card and it worked fine. I imagine the new on will only improve my experience. You can choose how long you want each file. You can select from 2, 5, or 15 minutes, or to let it record continuously (I think.). You will have to decide which mode suits your needs. In choosing a recording length, you are choosing how often the camera saves a file and starts recording a new one. There is a 2-3 second period of no recording while this happens, but having smaller files to work with seems easier to deal with. Once the sd card is full, the camera will start rewriting over the oldest file first. The audio recording quality is very good. I was able to make out my F bombs over the radio and the road noise. If you plug this into a 12-volt power socket that only has power when the truck is on, it will automatically turn on and start recording without any user intervention. It stops recording and powers down when you shut the truck off. It is portable since it has a battery, but I can't vouch for battery life, yet. There is also a still camera mode for snapshots. There is a motion detection mode which will begin recording when something in front of the lens moves. I haven't tried that yet, either. You can view your videos on the screen. To view them on your PC, just pop the sd card out of the unit and into your computer, or use the included USB cable and connect the camera to your PC. Sorry this was so long, hopefully it helps in your decision making. I am very pleased with this device and will follow up after I log more usage hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedFitz View Post
In my first battery life test, I forgot that I left the IR sensor on Automatic. I had placed the camera in a dark spot, causing the IR light to come on. So, I retested leaving the camera in a bright spot. This resulted in 20, 5-minute files, or 100 minutes of recording vs. 14 files and 70 minutes with IR on. I think both results are impressive. It's good to know I'll always have a charged, portable DVR within arm's reach.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
These are sweet!

BUMP
Old 01-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
xyourlocaldjx is on a distinguished road
xyourlocaldjx's Tacoma Gallery
how big are these things?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Any nighttime videos?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyourlocaldjx View Post
how big are these things?
L = 4"
W = 2.5"
H = 1.5"
Old 01-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcadams View Post
Any nighttime videos?
working on it right now.

*edit*

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGRfoVPtJ_k
Old 01-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
Might consider one of these...
Old 01-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Does it just record till the memory card is full or does it write over old info when the card is full ?
Old 01-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Does it just record till the memory card is full or does it write over old info when the card is full ?
records over the old when memory card is full.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
records over the old when memory card is full.
In a continuous loop ?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
In a continuous loop ?
Yeah it will keep recording over as space runs out.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
Baoser is on a distinguished road
Name: George
Baoser's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Baoser
definitily recommend these to anyone considering it.Got one from Alex a week ago showed some friends and a couple of them want some now as well! Great vid quality during the day and night, audio is good as well.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
Yeah it will keep recording over as space runs out.
Nice !
Old 01-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #14
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
How does this one differ from the one in post #14 in this thread?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ml#post5996071
Old 01-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
How does this one differ from the one in post #14 in this thread?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ml#post5996071
This unit:

-HD in 720p with HD outputs.
-Screen Turns Off When Closed
-Better Overall Build Quality
-Unit Primary Language is ENGLISH

They both have rechargeable batteries so you can take the camera on the go if you needed.

This can help illustrate some differences:

Old 01-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #16
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
How much recording time can I get with that 32GB card?
Old 01-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
JoeyBones is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
JoeyBones's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent...
Old 01-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres View Post
How much recording time can I get with that 32GB card?
5 continuous hours before it starts to record over the oldest video.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #19
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely a good thing to have in any vehicle!

I put a 1080p dash cam (not one of these, but I paid a little more for mine because I wanted it specifically) in my truck after having it about 2 weeks. We've got some stupid driver's around here, and although the last thing I want is an accident, I'm almost waiting for the day that I can use it to catch someone who's trying to pull some fraud crap on me and saying something was my fault when they were to blame, lol

http://youtu.be/a5EDAooWla0

Old 01-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #20
Sockless... is on a distinguished road

Name: Joshua
Sockless...'s Tacoma Gallery
This is sick! Wheres a good place to get these things???