Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FOR SALE: 2004 Tacoma Prerunner TRD

Old 07-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #81
BA
timbonamo is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
timbonamo's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man if nobody is biting I'd try putting it up on Craigslist at this price. I can't imagine it wouldn't sell there, but maybe you've already tried it.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #82
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
This might be a total pain in the ass to do, but I'd recommend you "de-customize" it, remove all the stickers and return it to stock. You'll sell it much quicker and you can recoup some of the money you spent on those mods. You'll sell it quicker because unless the buyer is a true enthusiasts such as ourselves, they are generally turned off by a vehicle with those kinds of modifications. Any way good luck with the sale, that looks like a great rig for someone.

I'm telling you, take my advice and you'll sell it.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #83
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
thats where all my bites are coming from. Craigslist. im heading back to Atlanta on Wednesday the 17th if anyone is interested. ill be selling it then hopefully.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #84
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

question for anyone sub'd to this thread...

would yall sell this truck (my Tacoma in the OP) for a 2007 FJcruiser with 70,000 miles on it?
Old 07-13-2013, 01:42 AM   #86

thanks bud
Old 07-13-2013, 02:10 AM   #87
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post

would yall sell this truck (my Tacoma in the OP) for a 2007 FJcruiser with 70,000 miles on it?
Not subbed, but yes.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:12 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Not subbed, but yes.
2wd
Old 07-13-2013, 02:21 AM   #89
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Then nope. Haha. But I'm in Alaska. I need 4wd 8 months out of the year.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #90

i hear ya
Old 07-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #91
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Stock FJ? Depends on your situation. I love your truck, but the Fj's are so nice if you fix them up a little bit. Do you know if they have the rear locker like the 2wd Tacomas? That would justify getting a 2wd a little bit
Old 07-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #92
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I kinda like this truck GL with the sale Jon.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #93

yea i got the locker on this truck too. FJ has locker standard equipped...

ill make my decision Wednesday
Old 07-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #94

im in the ATL area if anyone is interested in looking at her
Old 07-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #95
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm telling you, take my advice and you'll sell it.
Yes, that is a very good idea
Take off that All-Pro front bumper and sell it to me
Old 07-17-2013, 03:10 AM   #96
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I could buy it and have a nearly identical set of evil twins!!! Muhahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 03:14 AM   #97
beatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud of
Name: Robert
beatupford's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This might be a total pain in the ass to do, but I'd recommend you "de-customize" it, remove all the stickers and return it to stock. You'll sell it much quicker and you can recoup some of the money you spent on those mods. You'll sell it quicker because unless the buyer is a true enthusiasts such as ourselves, they are generally turned off by a vehicle with those kinds of modifications. Any way good luck with the sale, that looks like a great rig for someone.
Idk, I feel like it's a great truck for a teenager who's dad wants him in a truck that he knows was pampered. The mods, receipts, and oil changes prove some real tlc which is everyone's concern when purchasing a first generation, and those miles are better than anything I've seen in Texas for such a reasonable price.

Hell, when I was picking up my '13 from make ready, there was a guy getting his first oil change on his new '13, and he was still flabbergasted that the dealership offered him 10k for his '04 with 175k miles...and all it had was a soft tonneau.

This truck is easily worth more than the asking price, but I do believe we probably aren't the best purchase audience. Trust me, there's a 16 y/o who'd get all horny for this truck and dad is just going to want to know it's not gonna leave him stranded. The love, the miles, and that Toyota badge will get them to write that check once you find them. It will only take one, but with Back to the Future making a pop culture return, there's gonna be more than one if you show off in the right places. Maybe craigslist within a couple hundred miles of its location?
Old 07-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #98
beatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud of
Name: Robert
beatupford's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post

FJ's hold their value like a nun holds her bible and rosary. Since I feel like you're giving you're truck away at that price, I'd definitely do it, but do some research on the estimated value of that FJ. You might find you're getting a little more back that the 12k asking price.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #99

yea thats what im thinkin. i really appreciate all the feedback.

The truck is old and its only going to get older and loose more value. i feel like now might be the peak of its value. The FJ is a great vehicle so i cant pass up getting such a good deal for it.

id agree that the price i have it at is an amazing price even for a fully stock truck.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #100

sale pending