Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Smog Check WTB

Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
Lovin Tacos
tacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryant
tacomacrazy's Tacoma Gallery
Smog Check WTB

Fellow TW members, Im looking for a stock Air Intake assembly to pass the smog check on my 07 Taco. Ive had no luck in salvage yards and cant find my OEM....

The stealership quoted me 700$ for the whole assembly and told me TRD is not CA legal for that year.

If anyone can help a fellow Taco lover

registrations expires at the end of the month...

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
No Rangers Here is on a distinguished road

Army: Apache helicopter repairman 15R
Name: jordan
No Rangers Here's Tacoma Gallery
For that much money would it be cheaper to put a cold air intake on? I'm sorry if I'm not answering the question right
Old 01-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Rangers Here View Post
For that much money would it be cheaper to put a cold air intake on? I'm sorry if I'm not answering the question right
California.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
theboy12 has a brilliant futuretheboy12 has a brilliant futuretheboy12 has a brilliant futuretheboy12 has a brilliant futuretheboy12 has a brilliant futuretheboy12 has a brilliant futuretheboy12 has a brilliant futuretheboy12 has a brilliant futuretheboy12 has a brilliant futuretheboy12 has a brilliant futuretheboy12 has a brilliant future

Name: Jon
theboy12's Tacoma Gallery
Dude,
Buy a TRD CAI. They are CA legal. you can find them for 3-4.5 hundred new.

http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...product=329808

-Jon
Old 01-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy12 View Post
Dude,
Buy a TRD CAI. They are CA legal. you can find them for 3-4.5 hundred new.

http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...product=329808

-Jon

THIS^^^^^
Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
Mikek is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Mikek's Tacoma Gallery
Ebay. Got a stock intake for 40 bucks shipped. Put a drop in kn filter and removed the charcoal secondary. I had a first gen TRD intake and the smog shop wouldn't smog my truck. I actually like the modified stock intake better. Not as loud and you can't notice a difference in power and mpg. I still got the TRD intake in my garage but that wouldn't help you out.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #7
Lovin Tacos
tacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryant
tacomacrazy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks every one. So I had a fellow member swap his stock for my AFE COld air. And the wife is taking it in as I type.

But according to Toyota the TRD is not ca legal for that year????Why do they sell it then?

So i have two more years to find a stock to keep doing the switch

And Jon. I did find the TRD for 300$ on eBay. I just need a stock so ill look again on eBay.

Thanks everyone ill keep you posted to see how it turned out