LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FS: Metra iPod/AUX Adapter

Old 01-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
FS: Metra iPod/AUX Adapter

Sold.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Sold the Scoshe to a guy at work. Took it out of the original posting.

Metra Adapter still for sale.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
415tacoma is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
415tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
does it just plug into the back for the cd player on our trucks?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #4

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. There's an open port in the back of the radio. In my truck there was only one available port. You just plug it in, then drop the cord back behind the dash while you have the radio out. I had mine come out in the little cubby to the right of (and below) the steering wheel.

You'll notice there's no "AUX" button on the radio. (At least, there wasn't one on mine.) To get the iPhone/iPod music to play through your radio, you push the CD button twice. The first time you push it, it will go to your CD player, the second time it goes to whatever is coming through the port.

The information on the screen of your radio will be meaningless... It'll show something like "Track 1" and a timer or something, but the sound will be whatever you're sending from your device.

To get back to CDs, just push the CD button. Or push FM or AM or whatever you want to listen to.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #5

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
One thing I noticed about it.... You generally have to turn the volume of your radio up higher than you would when listening to FM/AM or a CD. No big deal... the sound is good, but if you forget to turn it back down before switching back to a CD or the radio, you're in for a bit of a surprise.

Also, I should have mentioned before... If you're listening to a CD you don't have to push CD twice. Just push CD and it'll switch to the Metra. If you're on FM or AM, you have to push it twice... once to go to CD, once to get to the Metra.

Just thought I'd clarify.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
415tacoma is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
415tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
ill take it
Old 01-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #7

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
aaaannnnnddddd you took it.

Item sold!