1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Been ripped off by a Member???

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by jmarquez808, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Feb 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    ethanfoy

ethanfoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ethan
    Little Rock AFB
    Vehicle:
    99 toyota tacoma xcab 4x4
    I'm on archerytalk.com and they have a black list of people not to deal with and a itrader thing that tells all the things you've sold and if they were happy with the item. Long story short I really like the itrader idea for dealing with buying and selling things. Also I believe that the minimum post count is a good idea.

2. Feb 11, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    We had a "black list" but somebody complained and the thread was deleted :rolleyes:

3. Feb 11, 2013 at 8:42 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    What a douche canoe!

4. Feb 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM
    marcballz

marcballz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Mcallen,Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 TRD
    Electrical: 24/7 aux pwr, cabin ac outlet, fog light on, 55 watt hids (5k), engine bay lights, dash color swap, led cab/footwell lights, Exterior: air compressor w/ dual tank & dual horns, toolbox, headache rack Audio: pioneer head unity 12" jbl sub , (4) db drive 6x9, 360 db amp, 600 dual amp
    not gunna be rude here but it happened.. the guy had very few post should have been a red flag 2 you.

just try to fix it? some fiber glass bondo and a bit of sanding should fix it?

5. Feb 12, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    GLD01

GLD01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma SR5 TRD
    Toytec lift coils w/Bilstein 5100's; OME Dakars w/Bilstein 5100's; Camburg UCA's; Gray wire mod; Deck plate mod; Cooper Zeon LTZ 265/75 R16 tires
    I've read through the whole thread. Bummer, man.

Did he specify what should happen with the $120 of yours that is now in his pocket, for which he ultimately provided nothing? This guy is one big bag of douchery. His way out of this is to keep your $120, keep the pillar, and have USPS reimburse you $120. He wins, while two other parties lose. He's running a scam. Sorry to hear.

6. Feb 12, 2013 at 6:28 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    he doesnt have it anymore. seller told him to send it back. so he is out his money and the product.

7. Feb 12, 2013 at 6:30 AM
    Phil5393

Phil5393 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Long Island, New York
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    On a lot of other forums i belong to they have itrader. I also think its a good idea. On the other forums I always look at their rating before buying from that person.

8. Feb 12, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    Toy4me

Toy4me Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    NNJ
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport MGM
    Sorry this happened to you.I've only been here a short but I've already made several purchases here and all have gone smoothly (thanks again TW members). Seems to be a good bunch of people here but scumbags can sneak in anywhere. My general attitude when making a purchase based on trust is not to spend what I can't afford to lose.

9. Feb 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    GLD01

GLD01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma SR5 TRD
    Toytec lift coils w/Bilstein 5100's; OME Dakars w/Bilstein 5100's; Camburg UCA's; Gray wire mod; Deck plate mod; Cooper Zeon LTZ 265/75 R16 tires
    Nice homework. Using those links, anyone can see that his name is Randy Phillips, and see his license plate numbers on all those REAL nice (think Cousin Eddie) white Fords that he loves. SHOCARs, as he claims. Tauruses and such. And riding lawn mowers.

He doesn't hide his identity, but he does hide other people's money in his pocket...

10. Feb 12, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 [OP] Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 4x2 reg cab / 12 4x4 double cab
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    ha ha yup thanks guys, all good points. Yah usually im not as trusting but oops made a mistake. Yah basically his solution is when the post office pays him he'll pay me, he doesnt owe me nothing according to him. pretty much a douche.heres the last couple messages from this guy so you know exactly what i mean lol Just wanna make sure he doesnt do anymore business here on the forum. F*CK HE! lol

jesse marquez

<jmarquez808@gmail.com> Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM To: Randy Phillips <randyjphillips@hotmail.com> Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
    randy? i hope your not planning on shafting me man

Randy Phillips

<randyjphillips@hotmail.com> Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM To: jesse marquez <jmarquez808@gmail.com> Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
    Okay if you want to act like I'm shafting you then you can take care of it your self.....I sent you a good item and bought insurance in case of an accident, which unfortunately did happen....I have been vey responsive even with my busy work schedule and 4 kids at home....I know that your patience has ran out like mine also....the USPS sucks butt and I will never ship thru them again....the claim I'd is 2058238....I have done everything that you have asked and have been waiting on them.....it is all yours since you think that I am the problem....regards

- Show quoted text -

Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
    [​IMG] jesse marquez

<jmarquez808@gmail.com> Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:08 PM To: Randy Phillips <randyjphillips@hotmail.com> Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
    Actually its not my problem and you cant just leave it with me I paid you, and the money is coming to you. I have been emailing you for the last 2 weeks with no reply so you know what yah my patience has run out. You have my money and the item I sent back to you because it qas damaged. They are paying you so pay me! The money isnt yours our transaction is between you and I the item was damaged as recieved by me so thats your responsibility as the seller if you got the insurance then its covered. But your obligation is to give me the money back I payed to you randy. You deal with the post office not me. Now im pretty pissed that you came at me like this. You think your patience has run out???? Are you out $120???? No your not, I am, so please pay me like a responsible seller would. Im not making the claim so obviously I could.do more qith a pile.of shit then that claim number. Your kids and your family arnt my problem, you have my money, thats my problem. 4 months and you cant pay me back $120???? Really????? Somthings wrong here. Im not going away so just pay me back. Is that to rediculous a request?!?!?
    - Show quoted text -

Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
    [​IMG] Randy Phillips

<randyjphillips@hotmail.com> Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:20 PM To: jesse marquez <jmarquez808@gmail.com> Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
    The po is responsible for the damage and the money....when they send it to me, I will PayPal it to you....until then you will not hear from me

11. Feb 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    oh yah and i recieved and sent the item back october 2012. Other then this guy, ive had good experiences with everyone else. At least now i know how to deal with post office claims the right way, next time i wont even go that route i will just file a claim on paypal before doing anything. Looks like this will be a loss like many have said. How much is it for a hitman?? lol

12. Feb 12, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    You can find guys who do wet work on craigslist, no children and no political figures. They're usually in the men seeking men section.

13. Feb 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM
    BeEatNU

BeEatNU Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Gardena, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Double Cab Limited
    I went through this with a different matter, he should have filed a claim but refunded the money to you, since he "is" filing a claim, he would get reimbursed.

Even worst is he can state whether you or him get the claim refund, seems like he is keeping that too, so it's kinda fraud I think?

14. Feb 12, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    Toy4me

Toy4me Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    NNJ
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport MGM
    Why not try your local police dept. It would'nt hurt to go and ask if they think you could bring theft charges against this guy. You do have proof that he has your money and the merchandise. Or ask if you could file something in small claims court? I realize this is'nt a huge amount of money but why not explore your options, don't let him get away with it. And if this guy is on other forums, find out who he is , join and post anywhere you can that he's a thief.

15. Feb 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    $200, right?

16. Feb 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    BostonBilly

BostonBilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
    I PMed this thread to him

17. Feb 12, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lol well hopefully he signs on again and see it then gives me my money. I know im not in the wrong im glad everyone agrees. Im sure he wont care but hey at least he wont sell here anymore

18. Feb 12, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Honolulu police dept is worthless here. If it qas nore money id take it to small claims but it might cost me more to take leave from work and all of that just to get that going.

19. Feb 12, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lmao

20. Feb 12, 2013 at 5:54 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    File a claim with paypal anyways..the worst they can say is no. Email them a copy of ALL the proof you have of whats going on.

And the itrader is good, if the membeship uses it. I believe ttora has it, butits worthless if people don't fill out the info.

Products Discussed in

To Top