Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Selling 2011 Magnetic Gray Metallic TRD OFF Road

Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
RCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
RCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Selling 2011 Magnetic Gray Metallic TRD OFF Road

Ok guys, I am looking to sell my stock 2011 MGM Tacoma TRD Off Road for a 2013 Black Tundra Rock Warrior. Went to the dealer today and they offered me $23K for my vehicle, I told them not even close. Kelly's Blue Book list my truck between $24K and $27K for trade in and up to $30K if selling to a private buyer. My Taco has just under 20K miles, is free of any scrapes, dents, etc. Has a nice hardshell tonneau cover.

All that said, what value should be looking to get for this vehicle?

Not even sure I really want to trade it in now...

Thoughts, guidance, and recommendations are appreciated.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
I would keep it unless you need more towing power
Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I traded my 06 tacoma for a 11 tundra then traded my tundra for a 13 tacoma.
Honestly I do not think you will see 30k private party.
I paid less than that for a new 2013 same truck.
Mid 20s may be doable.
It is hard to say what is the used market in your area?
I would try trucar or edmunds TMV to match your zip on what people are paying in your area.
Throw it craigslist priced high you can always go down or list it here.
Maybe try a different dealer? I used USAA buying service priced the truck I wanted than dealt with the trade after.
I also sold all my mods separately & got more.
Best of luck whatever you decide!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:52 AM   #5
Monkeyman019 is on a distinguished road
Army: 15Y
Monkeyman019's Tacoma Gallery
Send me some pic's if u still got it and ill think about buying it. As long as its a manual btw lol...monkeyman019@gmail.com
Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #6
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Used Taco's are going for close to new prices here in Jersey, so the OP may not be to far of on his asking price of close to 30k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I traded my 06 tacoma for a 11 tundra then traded my tundra for a 13 tacoma.
Honestly I do not think you will see 30k private party.
I paid less than that for a new 2013 same truck.
Mid 20s may be doable.
It is hard to say what is the used market in your area?
I would try trucar or edmunds TMV to match your zip on what people are paying in your area.
Throw it craigslist priced high you can always go down or list it here.
Maybe try a different dealer? I used USAA buying service priced the truck I wanted than dealt with the trade after.
I also sold all my mods separately & got more.
Best of luck whatever you decide!
Welcome back to the taco, you didnt like the Tundy?

OH yeah GO WINGS!

Old 02-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #7
RCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
RCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
After much thought I've decided to keep my Tacoma. Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Since I'm keeping it I want to replace the stock tires and rims when something that has a more aggressive.

What is the biggest tire I can put on my vehicle and not have any rubbing while fully flexed?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:58 AM   #8
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
265/75/16

Let the Modding begin!