Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Deep dish "satoshi" type grille for sale

Old 02-12-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Satoshi Grill for sale

This is the second grille I've made and I hope to cover some of the cost it took me to build mine. I've listed it on ebay but I really hope someone from here will get it. My reserve is $50 less than I have in materials so I think it's fair. If you read the description on ebay, I am willing to paint the inside lip black but am not willing to paint the factory white part(this grill is from a 2008 and was white from the factory) I am willing to sand and prime it for paint though. This grill is made identical to the one on my truck except this one has a Grillcraft grill and no emblem is mounted to the mesh. Anyway.....here you go:

This is the link to the page on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AIT&viewitem=

and some pictures.. there are more pictures in my gallery other than these

Thanks for looking!

P.S. Looks like if I don't put a minimum price in here this thread will be deleted, so....I will tell you that my reserve price on ebay is $200. (grill off ebay $75, grillcraft mesh $150, and chrome letters $25) If you get this for $200, you're getting it for less than it cost me to make (which is fine, I just hope someone from here gets it.) Good Luck!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:32 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
very nice!! good luck
Old 02-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
Tortuga is on a distinguished road
Navy: SERE
Tortuga's Tacoma Gallery
That's exactly what I'm looking for...and it's already white!
I was going to do the mod to mine, but mine has the chrome grille which I didn't what to mess with.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
toyotacoma is on a distinguished road
toyotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
post another announcement when you are selling a black one
Old 02-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Very nice grill!
Old 02-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotacoma View Post
post another announcement when you are selling a black one
The only way I would do a black one is if it was already painted black, I learned the hard way that I cannot paint as well as a body shop. I want it to look like it was made this way. If you want it white, That would save you some money and me some time.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #7
rods55 is on a distinguished road
rods55's Tacoma Gallery
good looking grill, just out of my price range for now
Old 02-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #8

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Well done man. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks, I know you've done this before and seemed to have good luck. I'm hoping the market will bear at least what it cost me to make. It's not brain surgery but it is tedious to say the least to make this thing look right. I would'nt have even tried this if I did'nt see yours first...... so thanks.....I guess. HA! By the way, did you ever come across an easier/quicker way to do this mod?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:04 PM   #9

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
That's exactly what I'm looking for...and it's already white!
I was going to do the mod to mine, but mine has the chrome grille which I didn't what to mess with.
Don't try to paint the chromed type! Thats what I did and it cost me $140 to get it painted "the right way", and about 3 hours of sanding off the paint i put on and the chrome plus the copper looking stuff under the chrome. Now it looks like it was painted white at the factory.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #10

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep. Unless you and absolutely get into every nook of the grille with a sander, don't try to paint it. A low pressure sand blast with fine media can do the trick, but you've got to be really careful.
I thought I had scuffed it up plenty, the primer and paint went on very nice. I stood back and admired my work, the paint matched my truck perfectly, so I decided to pull the masking tape off.... along with half of the paint
Old 02-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #11

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Adhesion promoter is your friend
Funny you should say that, that is exactly what the guy at the body shop said as I was making out my check.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #12

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Only one day left. I know this is self-serving but my reserve is only $200, and I think it would be a steal for that price.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #13
laboy is on a distinguished road
laboy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm the high bidder and the reserve price has been met.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #14
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboy View Post
I'm the high bidder and the reserve price has been met.
ouch, bad move, everyone knows your supposed to place your bid in the last minute, now you have shown everyone what they have to beat!
Old 02-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #15

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Congrats on the sale. Somebody here?
I'm not sure, they're in Hawaii. I'll keep you posted.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #16
tacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud of

Name: carlitos
tacomadude18's Tacoma Gallery
how much did you sell it for? this guy wants $250 for his but idk .. kinda alot, :/
this one..

Old 10-24-2010, 10:50 PM   #17
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomadude18 View Post
how much did you sell it for? this guy wants $250 for his but idk .. kinda alot, :/
this one..

if its colormatched they sell for 300 or more sometimes. so 250 is a good deal
Old 10-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #18
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomadude18 View Post
this one..

ive seen that grill a couple of times and about a month ago at mod day and its looks awesome so i think its a good price man...
Old 10-24-2010, 10:56 PM   #19
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
lol thats rays. if you know him you know its spotless. that thing is worth more than 300 with all the work that went into it
Old 10-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #20
tacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud oftacomadude18 has much to be proud of

Name: carlitos
tacomadude18's Tacoma Gallery
you guys really think so? well alright im looking into it. thanks for the comments XD