Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

HID 9004/H4 conversion bulbs - 6000k & 1000k

Old 03-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
Cool HID 9004/H4 conversion bulbs - 6000k & 1000k

Just did a projector retrofit on my 06, and since it takes H1 bulbs these are of no use to me anymore.

Prices are shipped, to the continental US only, PayPal only as well

Take them all for $25
or see below if just for one set or the other

The 6000k have only been installed maybe 4 months. I bought them brand new, although I couldn't tell you the brand... eBay purchase... But I've never had any issue with them at all; they've always fired up and worked great. This style is all one piece; no removable adapter. I actually preferred this type; lets parts = less problems

$20

The 1000k bulbs I'm unsure how old they are. I got them second hand with a complete HID kit, but the kit itself didn't look that old; everything looked fairly new. They were still working great when I removed them, I just wanted a lower temp colored bulb. I hung onto them for spares though to get me by if I ever had one of the 6000k's burn out. These have NEW on sticker on the back, not sure if that's the brand or not. More than likely they're an eBay purchase as well... These are the two piece type with the twist-locking adapter.

Two notes on these:

1) one of the adapters has a "chunk" broken off the back of it, however it does not effect it's function at all; the bulb still locks securing into it perfectly fine

2) the high beam actuator plug has been removed; I removed it to use on the actuators for my projectors; figured these would be less wanted than the 6000k bulbs so I decided to cannibalize them but you could always hack the plugs off a pair of burned out bulbs and put them on

$10

Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

and just for kicks, here's some pics with the bulbs installed

and later on with the 6000k

Old 04-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
what other components are needed to run these lights? ballast?
Old 04-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
Licensed Lunatic

Correct, a ballast for each bulb, and you'll also need an H4 relay harness that actuates the solenoid for high beams as well as keeps the ballasts energized between low and high beams. I kept using all that with my retrofit.

All that can be had for less than $50 on eBay if one were desperate enough, but I'd advise to stay clear of some of the cheaper ballasts like the Xentec brand and such... crappy ballasts will burn out even the most expensive HID bulbs, that is if the ballasts themselves stay working long enough Some of the better cheaper ballasts I've had very good luck with are the Luminis Mini G4's. I have them powering my fog light HID bulbs and have never had an issue with them; I'm waiting on my headlight's ballasts to give out so I can replace them with the G4's, lol

Old 04-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
Licensed Lunatic

Bump

$20 takes both sets!

Basically buy the 6000k and I'm throwing in the 10s for free!