Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: 2nd Gen AAL without any lift

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: 2nd Gen AAL without any lift

Anyone have any AALs laying around they took out because the got played out and no longer lift? I have reg cab with 3 leaf packs and would like to do AAL without it lifting any more than just the thickness of the leaf.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:47 AM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Really? No one has a used AAL that has lost it's lift laying around or maybe an oem 4 leaf pack they replaced? I find this hard to believe........post up!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Please refer to the "has lost their lift" in reference to AALs in my post. Yours are 2" new, had they sagged most of that 2" before you took them off? I have reg cab and want 4 leafs and no more lift than an oem 4 leaf pack would have which is about 3/4". I have 3 leaf pack now and do not want to lift the rr of the truck. Just want helper leaf or AALs that lift none to take care of axle wrap and be better cornering or towing or hauling than the weak ass 3 leafs are. I will not be going higher than .85 up front when adding 5100s. Right now have .5" lift up front and rr has 1 3/4" more gap than front. Don't want it higher up front and don't want lift the rear. I like how high it is now but want it to be more sturdy and ride better like the 5100s will make it do. Already had 2.5" on the old truck with 1.5 AAL on rr. Don't want to be that high this time. Don't want to need bigger more expensive tires and get less mpg either. Just a bit of leveling and better ride/load handling.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
With an unloaded bed, yes, they provide the 2" of lift as advertised. With a truck box full of tools and what not, or a camper shell, these would do what you're asking for. Other than that, you are probably going to find the greatest satisfaction out of some auto parts store helper springs. I was looking at advance auto recently,and they have some for about $45. There is a thread on this forum about axle wrap eliminated that uses just that. Any how, if you are interested, send me a pm. Good luck
Old 04-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Buy some helper springs if you don't want any lift, search it on jc whitney
Old 04-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
chetweewax is on a distinguished road

chetweewax's Tacoma Gallery
Advance auto has helpers for $45 with coupon code TRT30 you get 30% off so around $31, plus shipping or free to pick up at local store. Here's the link http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...ontent=general
Old 04-11-2013, 03:33 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yeah, aware of helpers, just seeing what people might have just laying around, considering the different options. Appreciate the link, advice and even the the clownery from the usual suspects.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

drrrrrrrr repper, too drrrrrrrr to sign your own shit? Yeah, I want another leaf without it lifting 1.5 or 2". FO
Old 04-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Got the shocks and read reviews for the helpers in the link above for 45.00 and am going to give them a try. Looks like those will lift a little depending on how much you tighten down the u-bolts so I can go .85 on the 5100s with the 1/4" tp spacers and get 1.35" up front. Don't want to go 1.75 up front because then it'll lead to needing bigger tires than the 265/70/16s I have to look right. The wheel gap is 2 1/4 more out back right now so with the front at 1.35", it'll leave about an inch of rake out back and I can just tighten up the helpers to get maybe another 1/2 or inch depending on how it sits.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #13
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Got the shocks and read reviews for the helpers in the link above for 45.00 and am going to give them a try. Looks like those will lift a little depending on how much you tighten down the u-bolts so I can go .85 on the 5100s with the 1/4" tp spacers and get 1.35" up front. Don't want to go 1.75 up front because then it'll lead to needing bigger tires than the 265/70/16s I have to look right. The wheel gap is 2 1/4 more out back right now so with the front at 1.35", it'll leave about an inch of rake out back and I can just tighten up the helpers to get maybe another 1/2 or inch depending on how it sits.
The helper springs won't give any lift at all. They go on the top of the springs,and to the rear. And only make a difference with a load.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

According to the reviews I read, more than one person said they added an inch or more by tightening them up more but I really don't care as I'm mostly looking for load handling and wheel hop resistance back there. I can live with the 1 inch of rake higher in back after lifting the front so either way, it should be OK. Still giving them a shot.

Products Discussed in this Thread