Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FS: 99 Tacoma on 37s--BUILT

Old 04-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #41
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
I'll pass. Silas is a lot taller than I am and on 37's. I have killed one driveshaft already... Almost 2! I need some 37's...
Old 04-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #44
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Have you fixed the flapping filler door yet?

If not...
Buyer beware.

But I've heard that it adds at least 10 HP.
Yup. Since that vid, I've fixed the gas filler door, got the roof matching the hood, added more support to the bed, added hi-lifts mounts in the bed, added the 2 spotlights on the front bumper, and of course, the transmisison/transfer case skid plate and x member.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I'll pass. Silas is a lot taller than I am and on 37's. I have killed one driveshaft already... Almost 2! I need some 37's...
Yeah you do, bro! lol Lurry's busted drive shaft on Prichett last year was due to only running 34s. He said it would have been fine with 37s...
Old 04-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #45
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
all buyers beware...

gas cap doesn't work..
VVVVVVVV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Yup. Since that vid, I've fixed the gas filler door, got the roof matching the hood, added more support to the bed, added hi-lifts mounts in the bed, added the 2 spotlights on the front bumper, and of course, the transmisison/transfer case skid plate and x member.

Yeah you do, bro! lol Lurry's busted drive shaft on Prichett last year was due to only running 34s. He said it would have been fine with 37s...
Old 04-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #46
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
no you need a 1st gen with a shorter wheel base...lol
Like what a regular cab 1st gen? Our wheelbases are almost identical man! haha I don't think switching to a 1 gen is worth the few inches I would gain. haha
Quote:
Yeah. I think taking my carrier bearing drop out would have helped in both cases it was that close. I don't know how people with 1 piece shafts get by. My two piece tucks up better and I still drag it around... 37's would help the most though since the tires should reach the ledge and start climbing sooner than the 33's.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #47
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Like what a regular cab 1st gen? Our wheelbases are almost identical man! haha I don't think switching to a 1 gen is worth the few inches I would gain. haha

Yeah. I think taking my carrier bearing drop out would have helped in both cases it was that close. I don't know how people with 1 piece shafts get by. My two piece tucks up better and I still drag it around... 37's would help the most though since the tires should reach the ledge and start climbing sooner than the 33's.
About 6" I think.

Reason #9043 I haven't installed a CB drop. I know what you mean, man... our 2-piece driveshafts have some nice cleanrance.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #48
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
<-- SAS'd 1st Gen single cab.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #49
Über Posre

bump
Old 04-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #51
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
ahh I remember this build on TTORA
Old 04-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #52
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
wow, made that look effortless man!
Thanks, bro! But I've climbed that several times.... I know the right lines to take. It wasn't that smooth the first time I tried it!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
ahh I remember this build on TTORA
Is my build on TTORA? lol
Old 04-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #53
Über Posre

Boomp
Old 04-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #54
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Couldn't do this on 33s. Dented up the driveshaft a bit trying it on 35s. 37s are a good thing. Clearance my friend....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDhB9CkaVHo
very impressive!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #55
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
very impressive!
Thanks, Bob!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #56
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Is my build on TTORA? lol
Oops though you were scuba

Old 04-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #58
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
Oops though you were scuba

ooohhhh haha awesome. I did copy a lot of his stuff.. lol I've been a fan of that dude's build for a while.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #59
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
you know this truck ain't goin anywhere when ppl start subbing to your for sale thread
Old 04-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #60
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
you know this truck ain't goin anywhere when ppl start subbing to your for sale thread

I thought this was a BS thread