Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Want to buy White Painted Grille

Old 04-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
itsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to behold
itsmekyle's Tacoma Gallery
Want to buy White Painted Grille

Like a lot of guys I'm looking to replace my stock chrome grille with a painted white one. Was going to order an all black one and paint it myself, but wanted to see if I could save the trouble and see if anyone has one for sale. It's for a 2005 sr5, and is the standard white, not super white. Anyone looking to get rid of one? Thanks.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
What's your paint code on your door jamb? I wasn't aware they made 2 whites. If it's 040, you have a superwhite.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
itsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to beholditsmekyle is a splendid one to behold
itsmekyle's Tacoma Gallery
My mistake, for some reason I thought I read there were two whites. I'm just gonna go ahead and do it myself, any advice on best white spray paint to use? I've seen duplicolor mentioned a lot. Also, my clear coat is somewhat faded do you guys have any suggestions on the best way to restore it without having to take it to a paint shop? I know they make spray on clear coat, but not sure if anyone has experience using that? Thanks for your help.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmekyle View Post
My mistake, for some reason I thought I read there were two whites. I'm just gonna go ahead and do it myself, any advice on best white spray paint to use? I've seen duplicolor mentioned a lot. Also, my clear coat is somewhat faded do you guys have any suggestions on the best way to restore it without having to take it to a paint shop? I know they make spray on clear coat, but not sure if anyone has experience using that? Thanks for your help.
toyota's super white doesn't actually have a clearcoat, that's why it's dull, and also the duplicolor is a good match
Old 04-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #6
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
toyota's super white doesn't actually have a clearcoat, that's why it's dull, and also the duplicolor is a good match
The 040 Grill has a clear coat,, bumpers and fender flares do not
Old 04-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #7
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
The 040 Grill has a clear coat,, bumpers and fender flares do not
hmm my grille does seem kinda shiny, thanks riverrat!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #8
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
All I can say is good luck matching superwhite out of a rattle can. Personally, I think Duplicolor is a horrible match and even the more expensive options yellow out when you apply the clear coat. I've tried Duplicolor and Paintscratch.com, neither one matched well enough for my liking. I ended up buying an OEM painted grille. If you're not picky about how well it matches, pick up a can of Duplicolor and try it for yourself (paint something else to start and hold it next to the paint). A can is only like $7 and can he purchased at any auto parts store.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i haven't used the full spray, but I have used the small touchup paint bottle/brush, to me, it seems just about perfect
The touchup won't have the clear coat applied. The clear seems to yellow out the paint. For touch-up, I bought the Dr. Colorchip kit. I have a factory touch up pen but it never blends well and you can see every little dot that I touched up with it. Dr. Colorchip blends everything nicely and you can't even tell that a repair was made to the paint.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #11
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
All I can say is good luck matching superwhite out of a rattle can. Personally, I think Duplicolor is a horrible match and even the more expensive options yellow out when you apply the clear coat. I've tried Duplicolor and Paintscratch.com, neither one matched well enough for my liking. I ended up buying an OEM painted grille. If you're not picky about how well it matches, pick up a can of Duplicolor and try it for yourself (paint something else to start and hold it next to the paint). A can is only like $7 and can he purchased at any auto parts store.
Quote:
i haven't used the full spray, but I have used the small touchup paint bottle/brush, to me, it seems just about perfect
Best I can say is all touch up is hit or miss .. Ive seen 3 shades of 040 in my 20 or so 040 grills...Toyota will never tell you this but I know its true..