LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

wtb winch mount for 05 DC-brushguard or bumper

Old 02-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
djs05tacoma will become famous soon enough

djs05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
wtb winch mount for 05 DC-brushguard or bumper

I'm looking for either a used brushguard or bumper with a winch mount for an, 05 DC. I've been looking for a bit and all I've found is the ARB bumper and the Warn Trans4mer, is there anything else out there? Or does anyone have one they want to sell. I'm located in Martinez CA (SF Bay Area) and willing to drive a few hours to pick up. I've got about $500 to spend.

Thanks in advance,
DJ
Old 02-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Several companies have winch bumpers for the 2nd gens, though some are quite spendy.
The other companies that come to mind are Allpro off road, Shrockworks, Demello off road, or even custom built by some local fab companies.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #3

Yeah, I've checked all of those company's out but they are all out of my budget. I'm looking to spend around $500 or so.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
See if a local fab shop could make something work with your stock bumper.
I want to say there was a write up on another tacoma board on how to do this.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #5

Do you remeber what board? I found one for a front receiver but I'd like somthing a bit more permanent than a front reciever and a winch cradle, just seems like it wouldn't work for too long with of angle pulls.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs05tacoma View Post
Do you remeber what board? I found one for a front receiver but I'd like somthing a bit more permanent than a front reciever and a winch cradle, just seems like it wouldn't work for too long with of angle pulls.
I did a search as well and all I could find was where people built front receiver mounts.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I saw on another board that there was a company called Alchemy Metalwerks that made a hidden mount for a 2nd gen Tacoma but it looks like they went out of business as their website link didn't bring up anything.
Here is a pic of what it looked like. If I remember they were selling them for like $350.

I was originally going to do one like this for my truck but ended up wanting more clearance so did my whole bumper instead.