Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB 2nd Gen 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma. $16K cash plus trade for mint 1st Gen 4Runner

Old 04-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
DesertRatliff will become famous soon enoughDesertRatliff will become famous soon enough

DesertRatliff's Tacoma Gallery
WTB 2nd Gen 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma. $16K cash plus trade for mint 1st Gen 4Runner

*****Speedway blue 2006 TRD Sport Tacoma Found. 4Runner will be for sale under a new listing when we get back from vacation. Moderators please mark "Found"*****

My girlfriend is looking to get into a 2nd Gen Double Cab 4x4 Tacoma. She's got about $16K cash which seems to be the asking price for a lot of '05 and '06 Double Cabs but I thought that I would post here because I have my dad's one owner 1987 4Runner for possible trade to sweeten the deal and get her into a newer, slightly lower mile truck.

Looking for a low mile, clean, straight and well taken care of Double Cab, either AT or MT V6 with preference for a camper shell and the TRD Sport package (my girlfriend wants the hood scoop; )

PM me if you've got what I'm looking for. More pics of the 4Runner can be viewed here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nratliff/

I'll test the waters here for a bit, then the truck will be available for cash offers. Thanks for looking!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #2
diablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nicediablo_Alex2777 is just really nice
Name: Alejandro Gonzalez
diablo_Alex2777's Tacoma Gallery
pm sent
Old 04-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
More pics of the 4runner might help.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Man keep that old runner
Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
DesertRatliff will become famous soon enoughDesertRatliff will become famous soon enough

all pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nratliff/

Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #7
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
youd be willing to give up your dads one owner, mint condition, '87 4runner; ultimately for a piece of ass?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
You're in CO Ill put your link in the BS thread. Heck someone might even offer to buy that runner. I know If I didn't have to buy another 3rd gen runner I would have asked ya !!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
maybe i just love cars too much but that rig is mint as fuck. My dad has a 1959 cj5 willys jeep and if he still has it when he goes to heaven I will keep it until I die too because we worked on it together quite a bit. Ill probably keep his 1998 silverado xcab 2wd even though it has close to 300k on it too.

Now my moms pos 98 volvo xc wagon is getting sold on the spot! Ive always hated that damn car.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Carpeted dash cover!

Amazing that the 4R is in that condition after nearly 30 years. Word to your pops. Original or restored?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #11
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

97T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Carpeted dash cover!

Amazing that the 4R is in that condition after nearly 30 years. Word to your pops. Original or restored?
id go original ... i see the front seats aint the same as the rest of that red interior that thank god ended in the 90s lol
Old 04-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #12
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
id go original ... i see the front seats aint the same as the rest of that red interior that thank god ended in the 90s lol
Looks like they are seat covers, that 4r is so sweet!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #13
Resident T100 guy

97T's Tacoma Gallery
well if it sells to someone in the denver areai hope the new owner brings it to the s lipan emissions location in denver, i wanna see and drive this rig!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #14
jamsandwich will become famous soon enough

jamsandwich's Tacoma Gallery
damn that red interior is LOUD
Old 04-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #15

Thanks for the props. Its taken me years to get this far on the sale. I grew up in this truck...my dad let me take it to my senior prom.

I've got two older, white Toyota trucks, no garage, no shop space, no time and definitely not a whole lot of disposable cash to help the girl that's going to be my wife. This truck needs to be out in the woods where my pop intended it to be. Goes without saying this needs to go to a good home, though. That's why I posted here.

And those are el cheapo seat covers from Walmart. 4" tear in the driver side seat that's been stitched, but they look just as good as the rest of the truck.

october260003 by n.ratliff, on Flickr
Old 04-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #16
weazel is on a distinguished road

weazel's Tacoma Gallery
REDREDRED
Old 04-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #17

Full disclosure. Here goes:

1987 Toyota 4Runner DLX 4WD

-22RE with 5 speed. 175, xxx original miles

-PS/PB/TW/AC/MT/EFI, manual windows and door locks

-One owner, all original, 99 % stock, rust-free Arizona truck.

-Dealer serviced most of its life.

-Recent tune-up (spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, O2 Sensor) and oil and filter change, gearboxes topped off, clutch system and brake system flushed and refilled. Ready to go!

-Timing chain, original clutch and throw-out bearing were replaced by dealer at around 100K.

-newer Ever Start battery (purchased 10/5/10).

-Newer (less than 10K) 30x9.50 R15 BF Goodrich A/T’s on Eagle Alloy 6hole rims.

-Brand new Sony AM/FM/CD/USB/AUX-input deck with 4” Boston Acoustics speakers, Dual Audio 400watt amp and 10”MTX Blue Thunder subwoofer with custom interior-colored cover (my Mom made it).

-New forward E-Brake cable replaced (4/18/12)

-period correct Actron LED tach.

-Class III tow hitch with 4 pin connector (only used twice to tow a jetski to a lake).

-Rancho Add-a-Leaf helps the saggy original leaf springs.

-Thule ski and bike rack.

-If it’s not listed above, it’s all original.

The Good (full disclosure):

-My dad was the original owner and the sale includes the original window sticker.

-90% of all receipts. Dealer serviced most of its life.

-Oil changed at or before 3K its entire life and all service was done by the book.

-Fiberglass shell was never removed and original seal is unbroken and leak-free.

-Runs strong and very reliably.Burns no noticeable oil between 3K oil changes (although sometimes puffs a quick puff of blue on very cold mornings at start-up). Gets 20-22 mpg (have seen 27 once or twice). Never, not once, has it ever let us down.

-4WD works and works well. 4WD-Hi engages at any speed below 60mph. (You won't be going much faster than 60 anyway-Ha!) Low works as it should, too.

-Original Aisin hubs engage smoothly.

-5-Speed is silky smooth in all gears.

-Body and chassis are nearly rust-free.

-Interior is clean and in good shape for an original,used-as-it-was-intended 25+ year old truck. Was garaged most of its life. Non-smoker,no other tears or rips (see below)

-Heat, A/C (with belt attached-see below), speedo, odometer, temp,tach, rear wiper and defroster and all indicator and interior lights work well as do door locks, latches, windows (smooth up and down), 12V outlet, factoryclock, E-Brake, Fuel door pull and lock, seat belts, etc. etc.

-Clean, clear AZ title

-Comes with window sticker, Toyota Owner’s manual, Toyota Owner’s Guide,tire change tools w/bottle jack, tool roll and a well-worn Hayne’s manual.

The Bad (full disclosure ):

-Could use new shocks and an alignment. Rancho RS5000’s are 15 years old now and one is leaking. The front end is otherwise original.

-Original driver side CV boot is torn.

-I didn’t fix either of the above because it was my intention to cut the IFS off and replace it with a lifted solid axle.

-Original paint is starting to fade and clear coat is pealing in spots. Looks good from 15 feet though!

-Small dents as indicated in pics from a full, long life.

-A/C compressor belt was removed for maximum HP. A/C blew cold when thebelt was removed 2 years ago, but compressor bearings do make some noise.

-Tear in original driver’s seat from getting in and out of truck overthe years. Stitched closed, taped and covered with seat covers.

-Crack in dash where most of these old dashes cracked. Recently covered with a new DashMat.

-Some of the plastics are getting pretty brittle and are beginning to crack or have cracked and were fixed. Pics are representative of the condition.

-Rear window goes down with key from back of truck, but does not go up from outside. Requires getting in and rolling up from working full-function interior center console switch. Another common problem that I’ve noticed.

-Fuel gauge reads a full tank, but drops off to nothing after ˝ tank. Low fuel light works and leaves about 40 miles of driving.

The Bottom Line:

This would make a good reliable daily-driver or awesome project rig as most of the stuff that needs replacement would be removed anyway. I would be willing to replace the shocks and the torn CV if the price is right, but I haven’t bothered because I was always hoping to cut off the IFS and replace it with a lifted solid axle and I'd really like to see it go to someone who will carry out that dream. My dad was the original owner and loved this truck. He drove it proudly for over 20 years and never got rid of it because he never needed to; this truck does it all. It’s a clean, reliable, classic Toyota ready for a new home.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
That truck didn't come stock with a red interior did it?
Oh yeah! Original OG...Welcome to 1987.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #20
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I kinda like the red interior