Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Steel Toolbox (Houston/Dallas, TX)

Old 05-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
soonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
soonenough's Tacoma Gallery
Steel Toolbox (Houston/Dallas, TX)

SOLD
Buyers Products 5301005 steel job box / tool box made from 16-gauge MIG-welded steel with a black wrinkle-style powder coat. Dimensions are 36" wide x 21.3" high x 17" deep. Weight is 98 pounds according to the manufacturer. If you're looking for something to keep stuff secure in the bed of your truck or trailer, this box would tough to break into, at least compared to aluminum toolboxes. There is a sliding locking bar that has a set of tabs that align and allow a pad lock to be used. The lid hinges open, and the right-side hinge locks to keep the lid in the open position until you release it to close the lid. It also has hinged handles on each side that can be used to pick the box up, and also work pretty well as collapsible attachment points for straps, bungees, etc.

I drilled 3 holes in the back of the box that line up with the OEM tracks in the back of the bed of the 05+ Tacoma. I used three 3/8" Grade 8 bolts to mount it to the OEM tracks, so it can be mounted without drilling any holes in the bed of the truck. I spaced the box away from the back of the bed using steel spacer sleeves; if you don't do this, when the lid hinges open, it will hit the back glass of the cab. This thing is SOLID when it's mounted in the truck; I can grab the box and rock the entire truck without it budging.

I bought the box in July of 2011 from Kaffenbarger Truck Equipment in Dallas, TX. I had this box in the back of my truck for about a year before I removed it when I put a camper shell on my truck last summer. I'd give the condition of the box ~7/10. There is no damage to it whatsoever, and the only thing I can knock it for is that the powdercoat has started to fade in places, there's the usual light scuffs from using the box to haul stuff, and there is some very light surface rust around the mounting holes that were drilled. Absolutely no places are rusted through or anywhere close to rusting through. A scrub with some degreaser and a quick coat of paint and it would look brand new, I just never took the time to do that. Besides the 3 mounting holes drilled in the back, the box is unmodified.

Price: $175. At this point I'm not interested in shipping, not to mention the freight would probably be as much as the box. I'm happy to meet someone within Houston or a reasonable distance. I'm also up in the Dallas area fairly often and could arrange to bring it up with me and meet somewhere. I will actually be in Dallas this weekend if anyone in that area wants it.

http://www.kaffenbarger.com/index.php?productID=1380
http://www.amazon.com/Buyers-Product.../dp/B005S5C8RK

Old 05-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Dammit.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:08 AM   #4
soonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
soonenough's Tacoma Gallery
Yea the stuff went quick on Craigslist, I sold both toolboxes within 24 hours...not what I was expecting.