Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FS: Tacoma TRD LSD $250 shipped.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
FS: Tacoma TRD LSD $250 shipped.

For Sale: TRD LSD out of my 2008 TRD Sport Toyota Tacoma. The LSD only has about 1000 miles on it and is only about a month old. Will fit any year tacoma with an open 8.4" differential.

$250 shipped.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
mildly interested. What would install consist of?
Old 02-25-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, im interested too..
i'll have to check if it will work in my 05 prerunner.
the part sheet shows the LSD and my diff, but not the locker... hmmm
Old 02-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #4
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This LSD will work as long as you have an 8.4" diff. All TRD Sports and SR5s have 8.4" diffs. TRD offroads have an 8" diff with a locker.

As far as installation, I paid $250 for someone to install my ARB air locker, which is a lot more involved (gotta drill into the member, tap for air hose, etc). I would think installing an LSD would be a lot cheaper, its pretty much a plug-n-play.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #5
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
very interested in this then.. I think it should work with my prerunner

you got a pic? just to see what im working with.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post
very interested in this then.. I think it should work with my prerunner

you got a pic? just to see what im working with.
It will 100% work with your taco. prerunner or not, it makes no difference.

I dont have a picture of the actual LSD, but it looks similar to this:

Old 02-26-2009, 02:41 AM   #7
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
ok, so it just basically pops in? did you have any leftover parts when doing the new one or did it use all the guts from your existing setup?
I noticed your profile says L.A ..?
I'm close in Long Beach , Almost like it's meant for me to buy the LSD haha
I will ask a toyota guy tomorrow just for my own peace of mind that it will work, if it does.. want to maybe sell it this weekend?
Old 02-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #8

Sale pending.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #9
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
after asking around a bit, seems if I got it, I would probably need another $250-400 worth of diff shop work. Still cheaper than a "new" aftermarket one I think.
You willing to cut off some $$ If ya don't have to ship it?
Thinking hard on this.... but If you got a buyer don't wait for me, I won't be all emotional lol
I should have a solid answer by sunday.
thanx
Old 03-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #10
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
you have to pull the gear ring off your open dif and put it on the lsd dif. slide the axles in and you are set....in a nutshell. Ive never done a dif change because I was always afraid i would get gear whine. shops charge around 250 for a firebird dif swap out here for comparison.