1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WANTED!! - OEM 05-08 Access cab Speaker Grilles

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by rahover, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Mar 6, 2009 at 7:15 PM
    rahover

rahover [OP] Member

Member:
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    Vehicle:
    2009 Sport is 6th Toy Truck - 1st 1982
    AFE Pro dry air filter A.R.E. CX cab high cap Factory OEM running boards Husky liners front/rear De-badged Tailgate Sock'd Tailgate Decal
    I have a 2009 Access Cab. Toyota did NOT put speakers in the rear doors, but rather a 'computer speaker' about the size of a quarter in the headliner.

I am looking for some OEM Grey color speaker grilles from the 2005-2008 Access cab models......i would also consider the tan ones if that's all i can find.....i'll just have to dye them grey.....

If you upgraded or used a door 'form' to put in big subs or other upgraded speakers, i'd like to buy your factory OEM speaker grills.

Thanks....

2. Mar 6, 2009 at 8:33 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Hey. I'm a little confused on what you are looking for. I upgraded my speakers in my '07 access cab, what grills are you refering to?

3. Mar 7, 2009 at 8:47 PM
    rahover

rahover [OP] Member

Member:
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    Vehicle:
    AFE Pro dry air filter A.R.E. CX cab high cap Factory OEM running boards Husky liners front/rear De-badged Tailgate Sock'd Tailgate Decal
    I am looking for the rear access door grille cover, like this picture....IF it is seperate from the door panel?....

Grille.jpg

4. Mar 7, 2009 at 8:49 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    ah my speakers fit under them. It seemsed like mine were all one piece and to get them off I'd have to cut it.

5. Mar 7, 2009 at 10:26 PM
    rahover

rahover [OP] Member

Member:
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the info....being that my previous Tacoma was a 2004, and my new one is a 2008, i am not sure if the grille part is separate from the complete door trim....

I may have to retro-fit my rear access door panels to 05-08 if the grille is 'integrated' into the panel, and not a removable peice.....

6. Mar 7, 2009 at 10:28 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    I dont think it is removable, it looked like one whole plasic piece when I took the panel off. What exactly are you trying to do?

7. Mar 8, 2009 at 1:07 PM
    rahover

rahover [OP] Member

Member:
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    Vehicle:
    Ok, thanks for the info.....I was hoping to modify my existing 2009 panel to 'accept' a speaker grille, instead of having to buy a 05-08 interior door panel from Toyota for 200 bux....

I will investigate going in another direction not using the factory grilles.....thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top